• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

On the bright side...

4 hours ago, Lou said:

not when the other side is lunacy 

Same thing I thought....The other side, to me, seems like a bunch of (insert Trump's word for grabbing here) who are comfortable in 4th place and afraid to play in the ALCS....but that's just my take on it....?

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep, as was Downing.  DeCinces was good as well.   

1982 was quite the offensive performance.   Downing, Carew, Baylor, Reggie, DeCinces, Lynn, even Boonie in the ALCS, etc.

If only the pitching (especially relief pitching) was just a little bit better that season.

22 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

1971-1978, the wilderness years.

Actually it was 1971-1977, as they were in serious contention in 1978 through the latter part of September.   After taking 3 out of 4 from KC the 2nd weekend of September, they were only 1.5 games in back of KC, the closest they ever were that late in the season to that point.   It was like Fregosi's hiring as manager in June ignited the fire in the team.   One of the loudest Angel Stadium nights I've ever heard was a July 1978 DH vs the Twins (Seat Cushion night).    Fans pounded the seat cushions together that night, and created the pennant fever from that night forward.   The Bostock tragedy did put a big dent in the feeling that season was producing, hard to believe it's coming up on 40 years.

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

1982 was quite the offensive performance.   Downing, Carew, Baylor, Reggie, DeCinces, Lynn, even Boonie in the ALCS, etc.

If only the pitching (especially relief pitching) was just a little bit better that season.

I had dinner with Grich one time and he said the 82 team was the best he ever played on, even better than 86.  

6 hours ago, DMVol said:

Same thing I thought....The other side, to me, seems like a bunch of (insert Trump's word for grabbing here) who are comfortable in 4th place and afraid to play in the ALCS....but that's just my take on it....?

your take is ridiculous.  nobody is afraid. people just don't like getting their hearts ripped out after so many years of failure. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I had dinner with Grich one time and he said the 82 team was the best he ever played on, even better than 86.  

You have to love it.  Baseballl is the perfect blend, and I like good coffee.

Just now, Lou said:

your take is ridiculous.  nobody is afraid. people just don't like getting their hearts ripped out after so many years of failure. 

Well, I guess it's all in how you look at it....if you know ahead of time that you're going to get your heart ripped out, that's one thing....but if I told you your team would be in game 5 of the ALCS with no guarantee of the outcome, would you take it?  I sure would.  If you want a guarantee before you'd agree to it, that is ridiculous....

On July 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I remember shrugging, and going "well, you cant get herpes twice." 

Then i got it on my lips.

It felt like the donnie moore game.

meh, that doesn't even begin to compare to the Noe Ramirez game of 2018

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Always Look on the Light Side of life

If the ANGELS Seem Jolly Rotten

There's Something You've Forgotten

And That's to Laugh and

Smile and Dance and Sing

When You're Feeling in the Dumps

Don't Feel Silly Chumps

Just Purse Your Lips and Whistle

There's always Next Year!

BSOL.jpg

11 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Well, I guess it's all in how you look at it....if you know ahead of time that you're going to get your heart ripped out, that's one thing....but if I told you your team would be in game 5 of the ALCS with no guarantee of the outcome, would you take it?  I sure would.  If you want a guarantee before you'd agree to it, that is ridiculous....

we're comparing what we already know to what we're currently experiencing. 

it isn't even close 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

we're comparing what we already know to what we're currently experiencing. 

it isn't even close 

If that's the way you want to look at it, ok....seems a rather odd take but we'll leave it there...