• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What the F*ck does Valbuena have to offer over Taylor Ward?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You're missing the point entirely. 2018 is a lost cause. Holding onto the veteran turds who won't even be here next year while we have younger guys killing it is absolutely detrimental to the team going forward.

Would you rather lose with Valbuena, Marte, Blash, etc... Or with Marsh, Fletcher, Rengifo etc...?

I’d rather not fuc*k up our prospects.  I’d rather wait and let these guys play when the Angels development team decides they're ready.  I don’t believe our prospects are in the minors because we’re penny pinching shitty major league players. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I’d rather not fuc*k up our prospects.  I’d rather wait and let these guys play when the Angels development team decides they're ready.  I don’t believe our prospects are in the minors because we’re penny pinching shitty major league players. 

Well then we will agree to disagree. 

I agree with @UndertheHalo that I dont know what to make of Ward, hes never hit like this. So im not as excited as some of you about him.

That said, valbuena is trash. And as already mentioned, gone in 2 months anyway.

If ward came up and flails, oh well, its no different than valbuena over there. But at least we get a look.

And if he does well....aside from giving the team a boost, it might be a good start to showing trout were on the verge of adding young, good players to this team....that in itself is worth something.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Uhh.  This. 

If they thought Ward could contribute right now he’d be up.  I don’t know why we always have this narrative that players that we start who suck are guys that actual baseball people with the angels love and are somehow blind to their suck.  Do we really think the Angels don’t know Luis juice is trash ?

Ward has never in his entire collegiate or professional baseball life played like this.  There are TONS of question marks around him. 

I'm not sure that is true. Since our chance at the playoffs is like 2%. So Valbuena contributing is irrelevant. Letting Ward get some ML experience can't do any more harm than Luis and could possible show Ward to be ML ready. I think Scioscia just likes his Veterans, which is why I think he won't be back next year.

PS Valbuena has proved over his time with the Angels he is just a wasted roster spot.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I'm not sure that is true. Since our chance at the playoffs is like 2%. So Valbuena contributing is irrelevant. Letting Ward get some ML experience can't do any more harm than Luis and could possible show Ward to be ML ready. I think Scioscia just likes his Veterans, which is why I think he won't be back next year.

PS Valbuena has proved over his time with the Angels he is just a wasted roster spot.

It’s not about Valbuena.  Literally nothing to do with him. 

Remember last year when Cowart was mashing the shit out of the PCL and he came up and sucked.  Because, he’s always sucked.  Just because a guy finally figures out the minors it doesn’t mean they’re going to hit in the major leagues.  Taylor Ward is a significant aberration from his norms.  Not only the stats, but also the rather unspectacular pedigree and scouting.  

Have you guys clamoring for him to come up seen how he deals with quality pitching in the minors ? Maybe he just crushes guys that suck. I don’t know.  You know who does ? THE ANGELS.  They watch this guy literally every game every AB.  If they think he’s good to go he’ll come up. 

Some of you have noted that he’s 24.  Yes, exactly.  All the more bizarre this year is for him. 

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If not for the injury to Bourjos, do you think Trout would have called up early as he was? I not sure this organization promotes players fast enough. Ward is 24 and having a great season over two levels in the minors and deserves to at least get a look on the ML field. At the very least Ward has been able to get on base consistently through out the minors. He isn't afraid to take his walks.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

The only thing I'm looking forward to the rest of this season is, hopefully, the removal of the majority of these shitty vets and the arrival off some of the youth. We've seen enough of the Valbuenas and Kinslers on a team that's .500. Give us Ward, Thaiss, Rengifo, etc these last 2 months

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not about Valbuena.  Literally nothing to do with him. 

Remember last year when Cowart was mashing the shit out of the PCL and he came up and sucked.  Because, he’s always sucked.  Just because a guy finally figures out the minors it doesn’t mean they’re going to hit in the major leagues.  Taylor Ward is a significant aberration from his norms.  Not only the stats, but also the rather unspectacular pedigree and scouting.  

Have you guys clamoring for him to come up seen how he deals with quality pitching in the minors ? Maybe he just crushes guys that suck. I don’t know.  You know who does ? THE ANGELS.  They watch this guy literally every game every AB.  If they think he’s good to go he’ll come up. 

Some of you have noted that he’s 24.  Yes, exactly.  All the more bizarre this year is for him. 

So what do you lose by playing him in the majors to what he's got? It can't ruin him if he's a nobody anyways, right? And the reason his age is pointed out is because it eliminates the idea that he is being rushed.

Absolute worse case scenario is he comes up and bats .150 for 2 months, then has to return to AAA to figure out what went wrong, and where he needs to adjust. Absolute best case scenario is we have our own mini Justin Turner, and we factor that into next year.

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So what do you lose by playing him in the majors to what he's got? It can't ruin him if he's a nobody anyways, right? And the reason his age is pointed out is because it eliminates the idea that he is being rushed.

Absolute worse case scenario is he comes up and bats .150 for 2 months, then has to return to AAA to figure out what went wrong, and where he needs to adjust. Absolute best case scenario is we have our own mini Justin Turner, and we factor that into next year.

They’ll bring him up this season I’m sure.  It’s nothing to be freaked out about.  I’m just arguing that we don’t need to be worked up about him not being up right now.  

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

They’ll bring him up this season I’m sure.  It’s nothing to be freaked out about.  I’m just arguing that we don’t need to be worked up about him not being up right now.  

I sure hope so, but the more time we have to see him in the majors the better.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Or maybe the Angels, who literally watch him everyday know he’s not ready for the majors yet and don’t  want to fu*ck him up. 

Again, this is ou of the blue with Taylor Ward.  Not just the performance but also the pedigree.  Hope for the best, let them manage him.

There are valid reasons why Ward doesnt replace Valbueno.  What about Fernandez?

Fletcher has mentioned something about adding Ward to the 40 man this year might lead to some tough decisions with the 40 man in the off season.  My understanding is during the season guys on the 60 day DL do not have to be on the 40 man.  However in the offseason they all have to be on the 40 man, that would leave guys unprotected that they may want to protect.  I haven’t looked at the names of guys that would be on the bubble, but my guess is it is something to at least consider.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Fletcher has mentioned something about adding Ward to the 40 man this year might lead to some tough decisions with the 40 man in the off season.  My understanding is during the season guys on the 60 day DL do not have to be on the 40 man.  However in the offseason they all have to be on the 40 man, that would leave guys unprotected that they may want to protect.  I haven’t looked at the names of guys that would be on the bubble, but my guess is it is something to at least consider.  

Who the hell is actually worth protecting?

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

We're trying to save some money down the line by not starting Ward's clock yet??

Beats me.

He'll be 31 by the time he reaches FA even if his clock started tomorrow. So that makes zero sense to wait to start his clock. Cowart rarely walks but Ward walks a lot and is why his OBP has ben high throughout his MiL career.

I think come September 1st, we will see some major changes. I think Ward and others will be given a good look. This way, the front office will have a better idea who they think will be able to step in for next year. There is just over a week until the trade deadline, and there might be a player or 2, or 3 traded away.