• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do we need offense even more than bullpen help?

The Offense and the RP are both bad. I would say the Offense needs more help for 6 reasons.....

1. Everyone on Offense is healthy.... and this is what they are doing.

2. RP is volatile.... we can all agree on that.... next year they might be due to be better.

3. Some of the RP are injured and will be coming back at some point. 

4. A lot of the players on Offense there contracts are running out sooner. Valbuena, Kinsler, Trout, Calhoun.

5. I think the Angels brass feels more comfortable with the high minors RP than they do on solutions for Offense.

6. I think the Offense has been more offensive than the RP.

It's funny how some fans sitting on there fat ass on the couch at home can look at Blash's swing and for sure say that he will not hit MLB pitching. Do some of you really think you know better than Blash, the angels hitting instructors, other coaches, etc........ He may or may not be good at the ML. Odds are statistically he will not. 

And I agree with Back the Truck 18 at bats is not enough of a sample size..... anyone that says different is showing off that they have never played the game.

45 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Which outfield free agent are we willing to overpay for next? 

Harper? Adam Jones?

Are you suggesting that Adam Jones is a comp for Bryce Harper ?  You’re giving the distinct impression off that you think Bryce Harper isn’t good. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Griffey's Corner said:

It's funny how some fans sitting on there fat ass on the couch at home can look at Blash's swing and for sure say that he will not hit MLB pitching. Do some of you really think you know better than Blash, the angels hitting instructors, other coaches, etc........ He may or may not be good at the ML. Odds are statistically he will not. 

And I agree with Back the Truck 18 at bats is not enough of a sample size..... anyone that says different is showing off that they have never played the game.

I mean do you think you know better then the Angels ?  They’re the ones that took a look at him at the major league level and then got rid of him.  We obviously need a RF.  They saw Blash and went back to the mighty Calhoun.  You act like this is his first cup of coffee and they’ve been unfair. The guy couldn’t make it with the Padres, the Yankees, and now the Angels.  His swing is obviously very complicated so even causal fans here are observing that as a reason contributing to his problems.  Some guys are good in the minors but not good enough to stick as major leaguers.  It happens all the time.  As an Angel fan you should know that.  We’ve had it happen enough times to us.  Blash has mashed at the minor league levels for some time.  This isn’t anything new.  He was a noteworthy prospect for the Padres.  The guy isn’t good enough dude.  Give it up.   

At least the player that he is now.  In the minors maybe one day he figures it out.  But  starting for the Angels isn’t appropriate place for him to figure his shit out. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Arte needs to spend this offseason and Eppler needs to get 2-3 reliable bats. Right now this offense is Trout, Simmons, sometimes Upton, and sometimes Albert

the rest of them are completely terrible

thaiss and ward should be called up immediately and we should see what they can do. Team isn’t making it this year so might as well

39 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would sign Harper long-term if it meant we would trade Adell and Marsh for a legit closer, in his prime & healthy, who has multiple years left on his contract. I don't know if a trading prtner like that exists.  If Jordyn Adams pans out, he could replace Upton when he is done.

Then we are a complete team built to win now.

Adam Jones is getting older, and is a beneficiary of Camden Yards, and the rest of the hitters' parks in the AL East.  He would not hit over 20 home runs with the Angels.  Harper, on the other hand, may benefit from the shorter RF wall in Anaheim.

Cannot trade Adell for a reliever, can’t do it.  Maybe Marsh but only for a controllable proven commodity.  Trading for Britton for example would be a terrible risk for the Angels.  I think he’s a FA also.  So maybe that’s a bad example but you get the picture.  It can’t be a high risk guy.  Marsh is arguably our 2nd best prospect.  If he is going to go the Angels have to make a safe trade. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Cannot trade Adell for a reliever, can’t do it.  Maybe Marsh but only for a controllable proven commodity.  Trading for Britton for example would be a terrible risk for the Angels.  I think he’s a FA also.  So maybe that’s a bad example but you get the picture.  It can’t be a high risk guy.  Marsh is arguably our 2nd best prospect.  If he is going to go the Angels have to make a safe trade. 

No rentals

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 1:43 PM, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would sign Harper long-term if it meant we would trade Adell and Marsh for a legit closer

Holy shit you are a stupid. I mean, dumb as a box of broken hammers dumb. What a fucking disastrous idea, I mean well beyond the normal stupid trade ideas, this is in a catagorey all of its own. 

The worst part is you've seen both Adell and Marsh play and still come up with this idea and think it's good while also believing Blash is a MLB player.

4 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Nobody expects Blash to hit .300 in the big leagues. But given a real opportunity with the Angels, 

the problem with this is that Blash isn't going to be handed a starting position. he's going to earn his playing time by producing when he gets an opportunity, something he is failing to do this year. no player, especially a 29-yr old, will be given consistent playing time putting up a .091 BA and and an OPS of .283 in 26 PAs.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Holy shit you are a stupid. I mean, dumb as a box of broken hammers dumb. What a fucking disastrous idea, I mean well beyond the normal stupid trade ideas, this is in a catagorey all of its own. 

The worst part is you've seen both Adell and Marsh play and still come up with this idea and think it's good while also believing Blash is a MLB player.

I love when you’ve finally had enough of stupidity and just let someone have it.  

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Holy shit you are a stupid. I mean, dumb as a box of broken hammers dumb. What a Facking disastrous idea, I mean well beyond the normal stupid trade ideas, this is in a catagorey all of its own. 

Hey @Blarg, not everyone that watches baseball gets it. Rule #1 is, when talking baseball with someone you don’t really know, expect them to be as smart as the chair they’re sitting on.