• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

i hate reading ideas we discuss here for other teams...

I wanted Mike Moustakas as well but the last six weeks he’s basically been Luis Valbuena. He will end up providing the same WAR as a guy like Kinsler. Maybe even less. If I had to choose between him and Valbuena I would absolutely take Him.  That being said he’s not much of a difference maker.

36 minutes ago, floplag said:

I really wanted to post this under "why the Yankees are the Yankees are were not"... but its moot.
https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-interested-in-mike-moustakas-as-1b/c-284453870
Some of us here have brought this up multiple times before the season got away and pre season as an option, but, i guess it really doesmt matter at this point. 

This again...people look at Moose's HR totals and think "wow" why didn't we sign him.  

Despite hitting 36 HRs, he had a 1.9 WAR because he's slow, makes a lot of out, and was bad defensively last season...it's why it took until 03/06/2018 for him to sign...with his own team...on a one year with a mutual option.

This season?  Still slow, still making a lot of outs but defense has improved...good for him. 

Yankees, since they are in the playoff race, have the luxury of looking at someone like Moose for their bench to take advantage of their short RF but he won't be getting starts over Andujar or Bird unless they play like garbage from here or are injured so he'd be a hell of an insurance plan for them going into the playoffs.

For us, Cozart was replacement level (0.1 WAR) so, if we signed Moose to that 3/$45 mil offer we were rumored to have given, we're 11 GB instead of 12 GB.

43 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I wanted Mike Moustakas as well but the last six weeks he’s basically been Luis Valbuena. He will end up providing the same WAR as a guy like Kinsler. Maybe even less. If I had to choose between him and Valbuena I would absolutely take Him.  That being said he’s not much of a difference maker.

Since April 28th he's gone .232/.302/.400  - 8 HRs, 30 RBI.  Since June he's put up a .643 OPS with an OBP of .273.   Dude got off to an incredible start but he's been a .700 OPS guy for two months now.... and he's historically been slightly better in the first half of the season.  He also hasn't played since July 2nd because of back spasms -- a recurring issue of his.  So, yeah -- he's currently injured.

It's gonna be interesting to see if opts out to test free agency.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Since April 28th he's gone .232/.302/.400  - 8 HRs, 30 RBI.  Since June he's put up a .643 OPS with an OBP of .273.   Dude got off to an incredible start but he's been a .700 OPS guy for two months now.... and he's historically been slightly better in the first half of the season.  He also hasn't played since July 2nd because of back spasms -- a recurring issue of his.  So, yeah -- he's currently injured.

It's gonna be interesting to see if opts out to test free agency.  

If he came here people would just assume he got worse because he came here.

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

He’s a streaky left handed power bat that can’t run, is average defensively and struggles to get on base. Sadly he’s still an upgrade. 

I'd still rather give Ward a try at 3B soon, then assess if a 3B is needed in the off-season.   Ward can't be any worse than Louie Juice.

Trade Kinsler and Louie Juice, and try Fletcher and Ward at 2B/3B for the rest of the season.

They're 12 games back in the 2nd WC race, and falling further back each week.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'd still rather give Ward a try at 3B soon, then assess if a 3B is needed in the off-season.   Ward can't be any worse than Louie Juice.

Trade Kinsler and Louie Juice, and try Fletcher and Ward at 2B/3B for the rest of the season.

They're 12 games back in the 2nd WC race, and falling further back each week.

Ward has obviously earned a look due to what he's done with the bat at SLC but his defense still needs work which is why I think they are letting him work it out in the minors as opposed to the scrutiny of fans at the MLB level.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Ward has obviously earned a look due to what he's done with the bat at SLC but his defense still needs work which is why I think they are letting him work it out in the minors as opposed to the scrutiny of fans at the MLB level.

I'm okay with waiting another 3 weeks until the trading deadline approaches.    By then, it can't hurt to promote Ward to take over 3B for two months.   The Halos will likely be some 15 games out of the 2nd WC spot at that point anyway, and thus no pressure to be good right away.

No one person would have mattered this year, even if he maintained his hot start, thats not what im suggesting. 
I like seeing people think outside the box a little, and many here liked the idea to bring him here as a 1B/3B guy in the off season.  All this was obviously long before anyone on the farm proved anything but even still it would have meant less ABs for the Valbuenas and Martes of the world, but no... not a difference maker.  
At this point its moot, i just found it interesting to see another team doing what we had previously discussed here. 

19 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Let him go to the AL East where his strengths play up and then we’ll all pretend the results would be the same in our lineup and have a good cry about it 

So true.

Outside of the PED era, has anyone that hit, say, 30+ home runs the year before, was traded or signed with the Angels and then INCREASED their home run total with the Angels? It always seems to go down. Not Don Baylor, not Fred Lynn. Reggie Jackson hit 15 HRs in a injury shortened season in NY in '81, then signed with the Angels and hit 39 the first year here. That was the last year he hit 30+ in his career. 

Angel Stadium, even with the new yellow stripe, is slightly below the league average in HRs allowed. 

Pass on any pure HR hitter. Marine layer is the antithesis of high altitude.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:11 AM, fan_since79 said:

Moose does have a knack for hitting game-winning home runs in extra innings in the playoffs. Fernando Salas can tell you all about that.

But we're not going to the playoffs anytime soon, so that's a moot point.

Oh common. LOL.