• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game Day Thread 7/5/2018 Angels at Mariners. Marte back. Ohtani on the bench.

T.G.

1 minute ago, failos said:

remember when people made fun of dipoto for getting dee gordon

Nobody was mocking him for picking up Dee Gordon. He was mocked for picking up Center Fielder Dee Gordon. Then the M's lucked out with Cano's drugging and had an All-Star second baseman standing right in their dugout. And then they got a guy who could play center.

2 minutes ago, ValbuenaBatFlip said:

The trade for Haniger and Segura was pretty good too...

You know, I hadn't looked up that trade in a while, he really did kill it on that. Walker just eh and now hurt, Matte whatever SS. 

3 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Nobody was mocking him for picking up Dee Gordon. He was mocked for picking up Center Fielder Dee Gordon. Then the M's lucked out with Cano's drugging and had an All-Star second baseman standing right in their dugout. And then they got a guy who could play center.

At the time I thought Dipoto acquired Gordon so that the Angels wouldn't be able to. 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Gordon wasn’t a very good CF.  

lol

On 12/7/2017 at 8:19 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I am extremely glad to see evidence that the Angels have moved away from the days of throwing away prospects for at best average to below average players past their prime.  

Dee Gordon would have come to the Angels and sucked.  Because that’s what almost always happens to the Angels.  He’s a one dimensional player who’s previous performance is skewed by PEDs.  Now he’s gonna deliver for Jerry exactly what he’s awesome at acquiring.  Disappointment.  Good riddance.  That million dollars isn’t gonna make or break the Otani deal.  There’s other 2b options out there.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:31 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Great.  Let’s set the bar at “better then Pennington and Espinosa”.  I’m all for getting a 2b this offseason.  I believe that we have to.  It doesn’t have to be Dee Gordon.  And again, I’m pretty happy it’s not. 

And this idea that it’s not a serious contract.   Yea that’s fine.  But aren’t we in a window here to get good again ? Enough with the bandaids.  And if we have to have one.  I think we can do better then Dee Gordon.  I’m sick of Angels teams that have trash obp.  We don’t need Dee Gordon slapping his way to a .320 obp at the top of the line up.  Seriously what are the odds that he returns to pre suspension production ? Very low I suspect. 

11 minutes ago, failos said:

lol

I know what I posted dipshit. I didn’t want Dee Gordon then and I don’t now for the same reasons.  I also didn’t want Ian Kinsler. 

Im not trying to trade prospects for wrong side of 30 slap hitters.  

And the guy you’re jerking off to has a truly mighty .680 OPS. 

Edited by UndertheHalo