• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Some might argue that, especially when politically convenient to those adhering to the mob mentality. While I understand why some may prefer this shortcut, when so many of these assaults do not even get prosecuted, I think it is greatly counterproductive for victims in the long run.  I would think objectively though it would negate the immediate discrediting of a victim if they get details of the event incorrect. Which just means we have even less means to determine the truth in these cases.

That is my point.  There are at least two posters here that have said that he is guilty of doing this.  In my mind, there are only two reasons to come to this conclusion.  One, all claims by women of sexual assault should be immediately believed to be true.  Two,  if the accused is opposed to my political viewpoints then I will believe the accusation.

The incident described would never had been considered any type of an assault in that time period. The police would have broken up the party, warned everyone they are going to jail next time and parents would have been informed their children were illegally drinking alcohol. Some of the kids would get grounded, some would get whacked upside the head but absolutely no charges would have been filed. 

26 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is my point.  There are at least two posters here that have said that he is guilty of doing this.  In my mind, there are only two reasons to come to this conclusion.  One, all claims by women of sexual assault should be immediately believed to be true.  Two,  if the accused is opposed to my political viewpoints then I will believe the accusation.

I think 80-90% of population fall into the 2nd option, even if only subconsciously.  But the number of people who believe the first option are growing quite dramatically.

so, she remembers:

• going to the party
  • going into a room with x drunk guys
  • being held down
  • having her mouth covered
  • getting away and running out of the room

she does not remember:

• how she got to the party
  • whether it was 4 or 2 assailants
  • how she got home

i'm sorry, but I'm having trouble buying the repressed memory angle 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

so, she remembers:

• going to the party
  • being held down

she does not remember:

• how she got home

Interesting how the individual viewpoints of psychological behavior falls predictably down political alignments so reliably. Funny that.

42 minutes ago, Lou said:

so, she remembers:

• going to the party
  • being held down

she does not remember:

• how she got home

Also doesn't remember exactly when it was or where the party was.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Who are these posters who say he’s guilty ?

Democrats are calling for a "full investigation" with extensive questioning of witnesses. There are some who even want the 65 signers to the letter supporting Kavanaugh to testify.

It is increasingly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain cell that the goal here is to delay the hearings until after the midterms. The hope is that Democrats will take back the Senate. The senator from Hawaii is on record in saying the Senate could keep this seat vacant until Trump is (hopefully) gone in 2020 and a Democrat is in the White House.

They're absolutely terrified of a possible 5-4 conservative majority on the court.

Grassley needs to grow a pair and stop this madness. He's even offering to take the entire committee to California and hear Ford's story from her hiding place. 

Just stop it!!!

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Democrats are calling for a "full investigation" with extensive questioning of witnesses. There are some who even want the 65 signers to the letter supporting Kavanaugh to testify.

It is increasingly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain cell that the goal here is to delay the hearings until after the midterms. The hope is that Democrats will take back the Senate. The senator from Hawaii is on record in saying the Senate could keep this seat vacant until Trump is (hopefully) gone in 2020 and a Democrat is in the White House.

They're absolutely terrified of a possible 5-4 conservative majority on the court.

Grassley needs to grow a pair and stop this madness. He's even offering to take the entire committee to California and hear Ford's story from her hiding place. 

Just stop it!!!

It pretty much is 5-4 already.

They don't want a 6-3 and I can't blame them.  I don't want it either.  

The Republicans brought this upon themselves when they refused to even start procedure on Garland.  They deserve whatever they get.  I feel badly for Kavanaugh and whoever else has been caught up in this mess, including his accuser, because if that did happen, it is horrible and if it didn't I still feel bad.  Either way she is being used.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

When women open up about being victims of sexual assault, they are often disbelieved, attacked, and made to feel guilty, like it was their fault—especially when that person is in a position of power. Perhaps I jumped the gun by saying, "I believe her," at the beginning, but far too many women who have been abused have been further abused after opening up about it.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.02.33 PM.png

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

When women open up about being victims of sexual assault, they are often disbelieved, attacked, and made to feel guilty, like it was their fault—especially when that person is in a position of power. Perhaps I jumped the gun by saying, "I believe her," at the beginning, but far too many women who have been abused have been further abused after opening up about it.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.02.33 PM.png

I don't doubt that for a second.  I also don't think this is proof of anyone's guilt though either.