• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

unfortunately, I know a couple of women who were assaulted years ago.  they both have said the exact same thing:" I will always remember every detail of that entire evening" 

not recalling how she got to the party, how she got home or how many alleged assailants there were is puzzling. (and, yes, I realize every victim is different)

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Latest news is apparently she won't show up to testify until the FBI has conducted a full investigation of her claims.

What?! The FBI launching an investigation of something that may have happened at a high school party 36 years ago? The FBI?!

They don't do that, honey.

Besides, he's been vetted by them already. Several times.

So you guys want to know every detail, but don't want the FBI asking questions?  

3 hours ago, Lou said:

unfortunately, I know a couple of women who were assaulted years ago.  they both have said the exact same thing:" I will always remember every detail of that entire evening" 

not recalling how she got to the party, how she got home or how many alleged assailants there were is puzzling. (and, yes, I realize every victim is different)

Perhaps because she was 15 and they were giving her alcohol.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

This isn't a universal reaction though to traumatic events. I'm not even sure it's the most common. The women in my family who have gone through assaults initially blocked out most of the details of the event(s). Think Hawkeye switching out the baby for the chicken on the final episode of MASH. The human mind will alter these recollections in an attempt to protect itself. With only perhaps therapy and ultimately time removing the shroud. 

However without anything to provide credibility to either person all this will do is inflame already made up minds on either side.

A third person who Ford is alleging was at the party in question has issued a denial.

Meanwhile, Ford's attorney is "demanding" an FBI investigation of the party from 36 years ago. 

Sen. Gillibrand (D-NY) says we need to hear all the facts.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edited by fan_since79

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

This isn't a universal reaction though to traumatic events. I'm not even sure it's the most common. The women in my family who have gone through assaults initially blocked out most of the details of the event(s). Think Hawkeye switching out the baby for the chicken on the final episode of MASH. The human mind will alter these recollections in an attempt to protect itself. With only perhaps therapy and ultimately time removing the shroud. 

However without anything to provide credibility to either person all this will do is inflame already made up minds on either side.

you conveniently left out:"(and, yes, I realize every victim is different)"

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Hillary Clinton was on Maddow last night and said Ford deserves "the benefit of the doubt." She also said we must believe the women.

Okay, what about Juanita Broaddrick?

I'm sure Maddow asked her the same question

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Hillary Clinton was on Maddow last night and said Ford deserves "the benefit of the doubt." She also said we must believe the women.

Okay, what about Juanita Broaddrick?

It's like they can't see the hypocrisy even though it is staring them in the face.  

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

What is going to tell me about this case?  Are we to believe any claim out of hand?  

I think there are three schools of thought here. Those that  believe the woman with the hopes that Kavanaugh doesn't get the seat. Those that think Kavanaugh can do no wrong and the woman is lying and those that think accusations must be corroborated with facts and evidence before making a judgment. 

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

What is going to tell me about this case?  Are we to believe any claim out of hand?  

Some might argue that, especially when politically convenient to those adhering to the mob mentality. While I understand why some may prefer this shortcut, when so many of these assaults do not even get prosecuted, I think it is greatly counterproductive for victims in the long run.  I would think objectively though it would negate the immediate discrediting of a victim if they get details of the event incorrect. Which just means we have even less means to determine the truth in these cases.