• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I enjoyed all of the beers.  I'd say my favorite was the She Shot First.  When we went back last Friday, they had the Double Actuator through a randall, called Tropical Randall which was phenomenal.  They have a lot of cool stuff in the works.  Their beers, in my opinion are solid, especially for just opening.

I look forward to seeing what they do moving forward. I got very excited for their opening when I was lucky enough to try Tumescence. That collab is great. They will be succesful due to the environment they created.

Beachwood releases Amalgamator in borrosa tonight at 5pm. Should be a good time. I also got a peek at the Smog City bottles coming soon. They are very nice

I wasn't 100% sure on the Bottle Logic Taproom. It looks nice, well put together and thought out, but for some reason I was put off a little by a new brewery having such a fancy tap room. Shouldn't the focus be on the beer? Yep, I know...why should I care what they spend their money on...but that's the impression I got.

As for the beers, they were good...probably wasn't in their favor for me to go just after I had come back from a weekend of tasting up in Portland.

I wasn't 100% sure on the Bottle Logic Taproom. It looks nice, well put together and thought out, but for some reason I was put off a little by a new brewery having such a fancy tap room. Shouldn't the focus be on the beer? Yep, I know...why should I care what they spend their money on...but that's the impression I got.

As for the beers, they were good...probably wasn't in their favor for me to go just after I had come back from a weekend of tasting up in Portland.

I think that was part of my issue as well. I was drinking at Alpine etc the day before and my palate was wreaked. Having talked to the breweres at Bottle Logic, they are focused on the beer. The way they set up the taproom will make it very easy to add brewers to the team when needed. There is little doubt that they will be successful.

What is going to be interesting is when Hoparazzi opens up a few feet from them. I had one of their sours and was impressed. Seems like they are following the model set in Torrance to have a number of breweries within walking distance.

The whole craft beer community is all about lineage. Everyone has connections somewhere. It what really makes it a cool community and makes it feel small still.

I get that, makes sense and I know I was being somewhat irrational. Guess it comes from the IT world where you see lots of flash and dazzle, cool names, logos, and marketing plans...but nobody actually spent time on the product.

Awesome that another brewer is opening up down that way. North Orange County does seem like it's becoming a hub of some great breweries.

Looks like another trip or 2 to Alpine will be coming up for me

Keene Idea will be released this Friday Draft & Growler Fills.

Exponential Hoppiness will be released March 6th. Bottles and Draft only.

Not sure if I'll make it for Keene with the weather this weekend, but I will be there for Expo.

I was lucky enough to go to Toronado last night in San Diego for their Firestone Walker event.  Jeffers Richardson, director of their Barrelworks was led the event, which made it even better.  It was a very small group, and he took a lot of time to talk about how the different Barrelworks beers are made, the aging process, etc..  We also got to try some amazing beers, including my favorite PNC.  Best part was, we all got to take home a bottle of PNC.  If you ever get a chance to try it, I HIGHLY recommend it.  

I think that having "fancier" set ups from the get go is now the norm rather than the rarity.  Modern Times in San Diego is another example of a newer brewery who took a lot of time in planning, etc.. and has a really nice tasting room.  I love this trend!  

Money talks. Reminds me of the medical marijuana boom where now that it's seasoned people are entering the business with investors and money to start up properly.

People will never ignore profit and it's been quite a few years now of craft breweries taking a big bite out of the beer market.

Snatched up a pretty good haul from TW, and BevMo yesterday. Grabbed a Beachwood Amalgamator, Drake's Hopocalypse, a 4 pack of palate Wrecker, and a 6 pack of Fresh Squeezed. Also split a growler of Keane Idea. Fantastic beer.