• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That Calhoun play deserves it's own thread

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

How’d kole get on base?

Granderson dropped a ball in short left field as he tumbled.... Then threw Cozart out at third....   Cozart had been midway to third waiting on the play...  Started to run back to second, then Grandy dropped it.

Edited by Inside Pitch

10 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Briefly. 1st & 2nd, no outs, Kole up. Hits a dying quail to left field (gasp). The left fielder charged hard and slid; should have caught it but it bounced off his chest. Simmons (on 2nd), was headed back to 2nd on the apparent catch, and got thrown out at 3rd. One out, Maldonado on 2nd, Kole on 1st.  Kinsler does Kinsler things, two outs, Trout up, still 1st & 2nd. Trout hits a shot into left field; Maldy rounds third with the apparent 2nd run. As he rumbles towards the plate, Calhoun tries to go 1st to 3rd with the ball in front of him. Thrown out easily at 3rd, before Maldy crosses the plate. Inning over.

Cozart not Simmons who was on 2nd and thrown out at 3rd. 

He needs a phantom injury stat.   If he were to refuse a DL assignment he might leapfrog douchebag Dave Hollins on my Angels player hate meter...   He needs to work on his game somewhere else....  Plus it would allow the Angels to get a look at JMF or someone...  Maybe end up killing two birds with one stone.   Right now he's just embarrassing himself.    I haven't see anyone so monumentally messed up on a baseball diamond in forever.....

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I fear that this will turn this into another fire Sosh thread but I am going to say it anyway:

There is no way in hell Calhoun should have trotted out to right field to start the next inning after a play like that. Zero. Garbage.

I agree