• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm trying to stay positive...

25-19 record, which is a .568 winning percentage. Pretty good winning percentage and on pace to still win about 92 games this year.

But yes, right now, it is frustrating to watch the team play, especially on offense. It's like the offense is still too much reliant on Trout. When he slumps, they slump too. Like right now. I know it's just a fluke slump from Trout but other guys have to step it up and stop depending on like one guy way too damn much, man!

8 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

I knew having a lineup chock full of RHH would expose this team, pitchers are getting in grooves, especially RHPs.  I didn't think it would ever be this bad though lol.  Not sure how they can right the ship this time, it could get ugly with Upton gone until well past the ASB.

You just continue to show everyone how much you don't know....

33 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

I knew having a lineup chock full of RHH would expose this team, pitchers are getting in grooves, especially RHPs.  I didn't think it would ever be this bad though lol.  Not sure how they can right the ship this time, it could get ugly with Upton gone until well past the ASB.

He won't be out until well past the ASB.  Thankfully.  

5 hours ago, Throwman91 said:

Eh, I figured he broke his hand, not checking twitter every hour for updates it was a kneejerk reaction, I am right about the lineup though

The line up isn’t bad because of how many right handlers are in the line up.   The line up is bad because Kole (a lefty), Kinsler, Cozart and Albert have to perform better.  

This team's hitting is so streaky it's frustrating. We go from pumping out 8-10 per game then get next to nothing for an extended stretch. We've had at least a few of there streaks already. Are these guys really that in tune with each other or whatever that if the guy to their left in the locker room can't hit they forget how? We have lights out SP lately but can't hit and our BP sucks. 

If you really want to stay positive, you should avoid reading posts on this board.  Just saying...

My main concerns are Calhoun and Kinsler... Kinsler did not have a great year last year and his supposed "rebound" year hasn't happened.  Plus I don't like the guy - so I'm extra tough on him as a fan. 

I go back to the idea that this team is still developing and finding its groove.  I think the offense will come around - the bullpen; while not ideal, is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks compared to the rest of the league.  It could definitely use an arm or two, but I'm trying to stay optimistic about it.  They've just been taxed from the start of the season. 

I'm encouraged by our starting pitching and love having Upton in this lineup.  Ohtani amazes me and I think Simmons is having an all-star season. 

I trust Eppler and I think he'll improve this team over the course of the season.

18 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

My only problem with this philosophy is that pitchers generally went over 100 pitchers with Scioscia.  So I don’t think it is his philosophy, I think it is an Eppler anti injury thing coupled with the newest phenomenon of not allowing starters to go a third time through the line up unless they are Ace type pitchers.

Eppler could walk onto the field - shoot a player in the face and there would still be people who would claim MS mind controlled him into doing it.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Eppler could walk onto the field - shoot a player in the face and there would still be people who would claim MS mind controlled him into doing it.

Yep.  I like that Scioscia hates Napoli, Trumbo and Cron.  Ok so then the GM trades them.  So did the GMs hate these players, if not, then why did Dipoto Trade Trumbo?  It’s not like he was in cahoots with Scioscia, it seems as though they hated each other.  Why did Eppler sign Valbuena?  We like Eppler but hate Scioscia so it must be that Scioscia, despite playing Cron full time in 2016 forced Eppler’s hand to sign Valbuena.   The logic of some of our members is pretty strong. 

11 hours ago, zenmaster said:

This team's hitting is so streaky it's frustrating. We go from pumping out 8-10 per game then get next to nothing for an extended stretch. We've had at least a few of there streaks already. Are these guys really that in tune with each other or whatever that if the guy to their left in the locker room can't hit they forget how? We have lights out SP lately but can't hit and our BP sucks. 

They must have all gotten their periods at the same time, offense should return in a day or two