• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm trying to stay positive...

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Too many blackholes on the team producing nothing. Calhoun, Kinsler, Pujols, Valbuena..Those are guys that are getting significant playing time that have been worth basically 0 wins so far

Cozart's pretty worthless too. I guess he just looks better since he's not as terrible as Kinsler but dude's hitting .226/.292/.413 at 3B

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Assuming they lose tonight they are 12-16 over the last month of play, since that hot 13-3 start. Maybe we need to recalibrate to the possibility that this is a .500 ballclub.

As the season goes on more and more holes on the roster are beginning to be exposed. Right now this is a team that has a good rotation, 4 actual hitters, and a terrible bullpen with no closer option whatsoever. That's a lot to overcome while trying to be a playoff caliber team. The rotation can hopefully keep them afloat until they can find solutions to some of these issues when trade options are available

30 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Cozart's pretty worthless too. I guess he just looks better since he's not as terrible as Kinsler but dude's hitting .226/.292/.413 at 3B

I'm willing to give Cozart some more time but his bat does make a helluva lot more sense at 2b. It really is crazy that we still are looking for that power-hitting third baseman ever since Glaus left, which is just crazy to me. That position has hindered this club for a long time now, sans a few seasons from Figgins when he was productive there.

I’m trying to stay positive to but this team is being exposed, no relief pitching depth, starters are only allowed to throw 90 pitches basically requiring a strong bullpen, all these hitters kinda suck ass (Kinsler, Calhoun, Pujols, Cozart, Valbuena) 

Another rough season in Anaheim. I’m getting real tired of losing JESUS

I am more confident about the offense coming around than I am this shitty pen.  The only thing that keeps me from being horribly pessimistic is that baseball seasons are very long and over the course of a season most things tend to find an average.  So I doubt these guys that are struggling will struggle all year long, most of the time baseball doesn’t work that way.  I am not saying they will all become great, but some will become average and quite frankly average would be very welcomed right about now.  That and the fact that if the team has a little uptick in performance then I think Eppler will go out and solve the pen with established arms.  

3 minutes ago, LHalo said:

Maybe Eppler is preparing this team for a post Scioscia era next year. One where pitchers go for longer than 100 pitches and righty/lefty matchups are secondary. 

My only problem with this philosophy is that pitchers generally went over 100 pitchers with Scioscia.  So I don’t think it is his philosophy, I think it is an Eppler anti injury thing coupled with the newest phenomenon of not allowing starters to go a third time through the line up unless they are Ace type pitchers.

22 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

As the season goes on more and more holes on the roster are beginning to be exposed. Right now this is a team that has a good rotation, 4 actual hitters, and a terrible bullpen with no closer option whatsoever. That's a lot to overcome while trying to be a playoff caliber team. The rotation can hopefully keep them afloat until they can find solutions to some of these issues when trade options are available

Would be nice if someone could play above or at their talent level. Seems like we have to be stacked at every position on paper to field a playoff team. 

More than anything, I think it's time to light a fire in the offense. Calhoun isn't cutting it, give him a couple weeks of phantom injury recovery time, bring Blash in and see what happens over a couple weeks. Maybe Kole figures it out, maybe Blash goes on a tear. But rolling the same thing out night after night has stalled the offense.

Promote Jose Miguel Fernandez, not necessarily to take anyone's job, but simply as a warning to Cozart, Kinsler, Valbuena and even Pujols. Start hitting the ball, otherwise we have someone right here who will, and thus will replace you. In fact, just have him start taking one game a week at 3B, 2B, 1B and DH.

Finally, start taking a very hard look at David Fletcher and Michael Hermosillo. I know they haven't spent as much time in AAA as you'd like, but because of their skill sets, as soon as they are ready, promote them. Don't wait. That's two young very dynamic spark plugs that could help this team on offense and defense.

33 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

My only problem with this philosophy is that pitchers generally went over 100 pitchers with Scioscia.  So I don’t think it is his philosophy, I think it is an Eppler anti injury thing coupled with the newest phenomenon of not allowing starters to go a third time through the line up unless they are Ace type pitchers.

This year so far, there have been only 130 games where a pitcher has gone 105 or more pitches and only 51 where pitcher has gone 110 or more, out of ~1300 possible. It's not Scioscia, it's where the league has gone. It just doesn't really happen very often these days.