• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hero or Goat - 4/25/2018

Who is the goat today?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Today's Goat (or not)

• Valbuena for cutting the throw to home
    • Tropeano - wasn't terrible but fell apart at the wrong time
    • The offense
    • No Goat today. Sometimes you face Justin Verlander when he's on

I wanted to give it to valbueno because that was just a stupid move.  However Tropeano goes from being perfect for 3 2/3 to being down three with 10 straight balls has to be a goat if anyone should be. There is a  Good argument that he shouldn't be a goat.  However Tropeano got too cautious and lost his rhythm. 

I really wanna say Valbuena because that play of his makes me angry, but the reality is...one run would not have made this ballgame. Tropeano pitched great when he was on, but he had to stay on. Astros are tough, especially at home, but he needed to do better. Going into this game, we knew that we only really had a chance if Tropeano nutted up - he didn't, and we lost.

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Unless my memory fails me but didn't we get to Cerlander a few times when he was at Detroit?

Definitely. But it seems he's basically dominated us every time he's faced us since like 2014.

I know that's not correct. I'm sure we've hit him hard since then. Just seems like he no hits us through 5-6 innings every start.

The Valbuena play doesn’t bother me much. It’s a split second reaction/decision to get the runner at third or hope to get the runner at home. The throw home looked to be off line a little ... crap shoot. 

The correct answer would be Verlander. He was spotting his pitches very well. Tropeano pitch as good as could be expected.