• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 10/10/2018 at 8:33 AM, gotbeer said:

William Nylander article.  While the Ducks are mentioned, I doubt that the Ducks would trade one of Lindholm, Montour, Manson for Nylander, especially when he's asking for $8 million a year.   But there was this.  LOL  Poor Ritchie.

Could The Toronto Maple Leafs Trade William Nylander?

Hopefully Murray is trying to trade him.  

Nylander is extremely intriguing tho.  I would consider paying steeply for him.  Including Montour.  The Ducks need to start looking beyond Getzlaf.  There is no legit number 1 center in the organization.  And I do like Steel and the kid they drafted this year Lundestrom.  But neither of them likely projects that way.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Pujols4MVP said:

When fully healthy i wonder if they'll try moving Henrique to the wing:

Rakell/Getzlaf/Eaves

Henrique/Kesler/Kase

Comtois/Steel/Silfverberg

Cogliano/Rowney/Gibbons

I can continue to dream.

Rakell/Getzlaf/Eaves

Silfverberg/Rico/Kase

Cogs/Kesler/Stone

Comtois/Steel/Terry/Rowney/Gibbons/

But I think one of Comtois/Steel/Terry, goes to the Cogs/Kesler line.  Although of the injuries, Kase has that Despres feel to it.  

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I can continue to dream.

Rakell/Getzlaf/Eaves

Silfverberg/Rico/Kase

Cogs/Kesler/Stone

Comtois/Steel/Terry/Rowney/Gibbons/

But I think one of Comtois/Steel/Terry, goes to the Cogs/Kesler line.  Although of the injuries, Kase has that Despres feel to it.  

Does it ? All I’ve heard is that he’s working out.  What makes you think it’s that severe ? Still seems early to start talking about a Depres situation.  Like holy shit.  How huge of a disaster would that be. 

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Does it ? All I’ve heard is that he’s working out.  What makes you think it’s that severe ? Still seems early to start talking about a Depres situation.  Like holy shit.  How huge of a disaster would that be. 

The thing is, this isn't his first concussion.  And they've been so secretive about this one.  It just doesn't feel right.  

The positives from last nights disaster: Lindholm had 2 points & was a +1 in a game they lost 5-2.

4 points in 5 games, his best start ever ! Could this be the year he finally puts it all together ?

Comtois got another point. Steel & Lundestrom got their 1st NHL career points both assists.

We look very spotty. We regularly show something good, but too often look like we don’t know how to play at an NHL level.

What’s saving us(besides Gibson of course) is we’ve been scoring and the refereeing has been reasonable (not so on the hooking call that started our collapse last night). 

Two lines of NHL’ers, one of AHL’ers, and one of rookies - I guess you can only reasonably expect so much.

Oh, and different pairings of the forwards every game. That’s a problem. Hopefully, Getzlaf and Kase get back soon. 

If Montour is the centerpiece of a deal for Nylander you HAVE to do that immediately. Montour isn't anything special. More and more as I watch him the less impressive he looks imo. Whether it's his D partner or simply just not meeting expectations we should absolutely sell him while we can. Now with that said... I don't think Nylander is an 8 Million AAV player right now. Maybe a bridge deal for 2 years around 5-6 Million and then lock him up long term after that. He's clearly talented and someone the Ducks can build a future around.

4 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

If Montour is the centerpiece of a deal for Nylander you HAVE to do that immediately. Montour isn't anything special. More and more as I watch him the less impressive he looks imo. Whether it's his D partner or simply just not meeting expectations we should absolutely sell him while we can. Now with that said... I don't think Nylander is an 8 Million AAV player right now. Maybe a bridge deal for 2 years around 5-6 Million and then lock him up long term after that. He's clearly talented and someone the Ducks can build a future around.

I think Montour is a solid player and a legit top 4 d man.  The thing is, he’s  physical enough for a guy who skates well and has great offensive instincts.  He’s a good player.  If you see him that way, he’s pretty valuable.  I guess I like him more then you do.

But I agree with you.  The Ducks have Fowler and Lindholm locked up.  They’ve made their choice on what D men they’re going to pay.  There’s a decent chance they lose Montour anyway at the end of this deal he just signed if he continues to develop. If they have an opportunity to get a guy like Nylander.  Who legitimately has #1 center upside.  They would be incredibly foolish to pass.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

15 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Montour is a solid player and a legit top 4 d man.  The thing is, he’s  physical enough for a guy who skates well and has great offensive instincts.  He’s a good player.  If you see him that way, he’s pretty valuable.  I guess I like him more then you do.

But I agree with you.  The Ducks have Fowler and Lindholm locked up.  They’ve made their choice on what D men they’re going to pay.  There’s a decent chance they lose Montour anyway at the end of this deal he just signed if he continues to develop. If they have an opportunity to get a guy like Nylander.  Who legitimately has #1 center upside.  They would be incredibly foolish to pass.  

agreed.

and it shows the ducks amazing pipeline: we could lose THREE young, puck moving d-men in vatanen, theodore and montour and still be stocked.