• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Glasser from BA defending Trout vs. Harper & Betts with fans & east coast hacks

Chuck

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trout HAS been the best player in the majors since 2012 but that doesn’t mean he’ll continue to be. And of course someday someone will surpass him. But right now he’s still the best - at least until someone like Harper is consistent enough to earn it.

Correa is great, btw, and is probably going to be one of the very best players over the next decade. 

Agreed. And I know thats an unpopular take here.

Ill still take Trout all day long. But Harper has finally arrived. The gap between the two is fairly small now. Its almost a dimaggio / williams argument. Harper might have the better bat at some point, trout is the more complete player.

The irony with betts is at his peak, hes roughly what we all hoped trout would become someday. (Betts has more power than I think we were expecting from trout back in the day). Then 2012 came and trout went all trout. That argument isnt even close.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Agreed. And I know thats an unpopular take here.

Ill still take Trout all day long. But Harper has finally arrived. The gap between the two is fairly small now. Its almost a dimaggio / williams argument. Harper might have the better bat at some point, trout is the more complete player.

The irony with betts is at his peak, hes roughly what we all hoped trout would become someday. (Betts has more power than I think we were expecting from trout back in the day). Then 2012 came and trout went all trout. That argument isnt even close.

Yep. People are comparing the total careers of Trout and Harper, but not a single person is saying Trout hasn't been better. But what is arguable is who will be better going forward.

I'd still place my money on Trout, but as you said, the gap is likely more narrow than people here want to believe.

10 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

This is not a good comparison.

You see, the supermodel is probably super skinny with no butt and is not really into to you and the sex, while the granny is finally getting some after several decades of drought and is genuinely thrilled and excited, so she's giving it all she's got.

Women are like a tube of toothpaste, no matter how old they get if you squeeze hard enough there's always a little bit left.

I may be in the minority here, but I like Bryce Harper.  I have made trips to Petco just to see him when the Nationals are in town.  I don't do things like that often... (pay to go see a certain player).  I did it for Jose Fernandez too.  I can count on one hand the number of players, I have made an effort to go see in person. 

Sometimes, I tell myself that I shouldn't like Harper because of the public perception, but I still do like watching him play the game.  I want to see him in big situations.  I want to see him do his thing on the field.  It's fun to watch.  All the bravado, the hair flip, the stare downs, etc. don't bother me.  He's not boring.  He adds something to the game.  And his "game" is exceptional a great deal of the time. 

Don't get me wrong - I love the way Mike Trout handles his business.  I love how humble he is and how down to earth he seems.  There's no one I'd rather watch more than Mike Trout. 

I guess I can just appreciate both types of athletes.  Mostly it's about their play.  That's the thing.  They're both great.  Two of the best I have ever seen.  They're just fun to watch and baseball should be fun to watch. 

It's a funny thing.  There are some guys who are mouthy, etc. that I can't stand and yet... I loved Muhammad Ali too.  Greatness is greatness.  I love watching great athletes - the ones who are truly exceptional.  The ones who can back up their performance on the field or in the arena at a level higher than anyone else.

In my biased opinion - no one is better than Mike Trout.  No one.  However, I do think Harper is outstanding and fun to watch. 

The only time I go to Dodger stadium is to see the Nats or for playoff games.  I'm going to the nats/dogs game on saturday.  The good part for me is it's scheduled to be strasburg vs harper.  The bad part is Harper is 2-23 with 14k's against Kershaw and can look like he doesn't belong 

21 hours ago, Taylor said:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox/2018/04/mookie_betts_hitting_his_way_into_mike_trout_conversation

Lol @ this article. I'm sure Eric Thames was "in the Mike Trout conversation" in mid-April of last year, too.

"One year younger than Trout and two years older (21) than Trout when he played in his first partial big-league season, Betts as of this morning has played in 522 games, more than half by not much of Trout’s 941 games."

What did I just read? I don't know if my eyes or brain hurt more after reading that line.

7 hours ago, m0nkey said:

The only time I go to Dodger stadium is to see the Nats or for playoff games.  I'm going to the nats/dogs game on saturday.  The good part for me is it's scheduled to be strasburg vs harper.  The bad part is Harper is 2-23 with 14k's against Kershaw and can look like he doesn't belong 

Sdid you mean Kershaw vs Harper?

if so, tomorrow night is Scherzer vs Kershaw.