• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How crazy are things now... the Paul Ryan thread

1 minute ago, floplag said:

a fair point, but its funny to me how neither side sees their own failures and play the role of self righteous asshat

Well yes, self perception is the big problem with politics these days.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Well yes, self perception is the big problem with politics these days.

Its more like self adoration, lol  
Each side has spent so much time convincing themselves that they are doing "what is right", that they can no longer actually function at their jobs and find any measure of common ground or compromise... how can you when you are utterly convinced of you own superiority.  

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Give me a break.  If Paul Ryan isn’t a fiscal conservative then that unicorn doesn’t exist.  He’s as fiscally conservative as they come.  He just happens to be willing to open the purse strings for certain traditional republican pet programs.  AKA the military.  

If he's willing to spend money that we don't have then he's not a fiscal conservative. I don't care how they justify the spending. The Republican party moved away from that a long time ago

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Give me a break.  If Paul Ryan isn’t a fiscal conservative then that unicorn doesn’t exist.  He’s as fiscally conservative as they come.  He just happens to be willing to open the purse strings for certain traditional republican pet programs.  AKA the military.  

Show me a budget that doesn't bleed out the ass and I'll show you a fiscal conservative.

I’m not arguing that Paul Ryan or the republicans have ever been fiscally responsible.  Thats their bullshit narrative.  I’m saying they are fiscally conservative.  Which is different.  Fiscal conservative policy in this country has always meant attempting to destroy any social policy spending.  In that effort Paul Ryan has been an extremely loyal soldier. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not arguing that Paul Ryan or the republicans have ever been fiscally responsible.  Thats their bullshit narrative.  I’m saying they are fiscally conservative.  Which is different.  Fiscal conservative policy in this country has always meant attempting to destroy any social policy spending.  In that effort Paul Ryan has been an extremely loyal soldier. 

I believe that is how liberals see them but I don't agree with that definition.

Like him or loathe him, Ryan was one of the first lawmakers to actually attempt a solution to the coming bankruptcy of our entitlement programs, especially Social Security. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with his proposals. Come to think of it, I can't recall the specifics of his plan, but he got a lot of grief for even broaching the subject. Social Security is also known as the third rail of American politics. Touch it, and your career is over in a flash.

At some point something will have to be done, because the damn program will go belly up fairly soon.

Edited by fan_since79

11 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Social Security needs phased out is what it needs.

I don't need the Government forcing me into a shitty retirement plan.

I sincerely hope that everything works out for you in your life and you aren’t dependent on social security.  This is simply not reality for a great number of people.  Even if you don’t care about that and I’m not going to argue with you about the virtues of social safety nets.  Consider what you’re saying from a selfish perspective. 

Presumably you’re a working adult.  You’ve been paying in.  You seriously don’t want to get it back ? I know I sure as shit do. 

The country has to figure out how to make social security work.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

SS is broken.

It needs to get fixed.  I am open to what that means.  Personally, I would like to control my own money but I understand that many won't save a lick and then we will have to take care of them anyways.

Will it get fixed by corporate tax rate coming all the way down from 35% to 21%?     Revenues have to come from somewhere?

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

SS is broken.

It needs to get fixed.  I am open to what that means.  Personally, I would like to control my own money but I understand that many won't save a lick and then we will have to take care of them anyways.

Image result for logan's run renew

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I sincerely hope that everything works out for you in your life and you aren’t dependent on social security.  This is simply not reality for a great number of people.  Even if you don’t care about that and I’m not going to argue with you about the virtues of social safety nets.  Consider what you’re saying from a selfish perspective. 

Presumably you’re a working adult.  You’ve been paying in.  You seriously don’t want to get it back ? I know I sure as shit do. 

The country has to figure out how to make social security work.  

I appreciate it man, really.

I would rather cut my losses and be in control of my own money.