• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How crazy are things now... the Paul Ryan thread

3 hours ago, red321 said:

And keep this in mind about Ryan...the supposed "policy wonk"...year after year he would present draconian budgets that absolutely decimated social services (even on the way out he laments he wasn't able to kill social security)...draconian to the point where most Republicans ran as far away as they could.

But more so...it was Ryan, more than anyone...that legitimized Trump. Each and every wtf during the campaign, and since he has been in office, as the supposed grown-up in the Republican party...Ryan could have stood up...but he didn't, he continuously fell in line or attempted to normalize Trump's behavior. When Nunes ran off the rails...Ryan could have put a stop to it. The House abdicating their responsibility to provide executive branch oversight...and instead becoming the front line of defense for the administration...Ryan has/had the power as Speaker to put a stop to that.

Yeah...fuck that dude...the country is so much better off with him going back to sponging off his rich wife.

ryan is from wisconsin.

there are no INOs in wisconsin.

nate also lives in wisconsin.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do we think that Paul Ryan would be willing to bribe the Snyder family ?  I can see Nate supporting this sort of bribery.  

Cant say i’d blame him. 

I'd assume it'd be a blatant lie by Ryan. And @nate's rational side would see right through it immediately. But then his emotional side would start to chip away. "What if he isn't lying?" "Perhaps he could make it happen. He can maybe can arrange cheaper fine Wisconsin cheese for a few locations?"  "What's the worst he could do as governor?"

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with his proposals. Come to think of it, I can't recall the specifics of his plan, but he got a lot of grief for even broaching the subject. Social Security is also known as the third rail of American politics. Touch it, and your career is over in a flash.

There is a reason you cant remember any specifics of his plan...he never had one. He used bad accounting and magic beans to justify pushing more of this countries wealth upwards. 

Once again, we see here the misconception that Social Security gives you back the money you put into it. Wrong.

S.S. is a Ponzi scheme. The money that's taken from payroll checks goes immediately to pay current retirees. There is no 'savings account' for you to draw on when you retire. There simply has to be a sufficient number of workers paying in at any given time to cover the benefits paid out to retirees at that time. If there are not, then the program runs a deficit.