• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Shoemaker to the DL: Another Starter Bites The Dust

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VariousCrap said:

Looks like Akeel Morris is a relief pitcher.  Not a starter.

We have Heaney coming back next week, Bridwell, Barria, Lamb, Tropeano, Morales, Campos and a couple of Sum Yung Gui's in Double-A that I really like. 

I would rather spend that extra $$$ wisely for help if needed closer to the dog days of summer. 

6 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You really have to wonder if the training regimens for our starters isn't up to par at this point. This is getting out of hand

Or maybe guys like Richards, Shoemaker, Ramirez, and daresay even Ohtani, who all have had varying levels of UCL/forearm issues, should have just gotten TJS when issues came up.

46 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Here we go.. Jesus.

our pitchers are a bunch of pussies... can’t even make one start without hitting the DL. Shoe is ALWAYS hurt 

Yes they are pussies for throwing a baseball harder than 99% of the rest of the population could. #WeAreTheRealPussies

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We have Heaney coming back next week, Bridwell, Barria, Lamb, Tropeano, Morales, Campos and a couple of Sum Yung Gui's in Double-A that I really like. 

I would rather spend that extra $$$ wisely for help if needed closer to the dog days of summer. 

I hope you are right.  This worries me though.

11 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You really have to wonder if the training regimens for our starters isn't up to par at this point. This is getting out of hand

Eh, they all have already broke so I'm not sure what more the Angels can do other than stop relying on them and find other options. Of course, finding suitable replacements for 4-5 starters will take more than one offseason to fix. Only thing the team can do for this season is pray that these guys can stay on the mound. Early returns aren't encouraging with Shoemaker already shelved and Heaney rehabbing from elbow inflammation

Given that the Angels were pretty lucky avoiding injuries pre/early Dipoto, and the spate of injuries the Mariners have had since he joined (even this year) I really wonder if there's something his staff overlooks when acquiring players or fails to prioritize in conditioning/training, and it just simply is rearing it's head during the Eppler years.