• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I know its early, but...feeling very optimistic about this team

This team just seems stacked. The starting pitching has been very good to terrific; I am not too worried about Garret. The bullpen has been meh, but has potential. And the lineup...very balanced, a lot of weapons. Cozart is just nasty and I'm convinced he's going to be closer to his 2017 numbers that the rest of his career. 

But it is also just a vibe, a feeling of...swagger? The team looks and feels like a contender.

So yeah, 90+ wins. I'll say 93-69.

And yeah, quit with the "thanks a lot, AJ, for jinxing it." In before someone blames me for if the Angels lose their next game, or go 6-14 in April (not that there's anything wrong with 6-14).

I feel good any time the Angels have a .750 winning percentage.

But yeah, this team is good, better than they're being given credit for. They can score, especially when Kinsler is back, Cozart is back supporting the middle of the order and Upton starts hitting. 

They can pitch, the Oakland Series showed that. They don't need to shut down the opposition as much as they just need to keep us in it. The defense will definitely stand up with anyone.

The bullpen will need to find something that works though. They'll need to expect to cover 4 innings a night. However that happens, I don't know. But they need to figure it out.

25 minutes ago, jordan said:

I think Cozart is now on a contending team and he found a drive to perform at a even higher level than 2017.  This team as a whole it solid.  Taking 3 of 4 on the road, even with it being the A's, is something to be excited about. 

I've liked the Cozart signing from the beginning.  To me, he's a big addition and gives a better balance to the lineup.

They were actually close to sweeping the A's, so yeah, this team has me excited. 

They were a couple singles away, on both sides of the ball, from a sweep on the road.  No matter what team you are facing, that's pretty nice.

The way the offense is constructed, it no longer depends on Trout to get on and Pujols to hopefully knock him in to work.  These guys can get on base, some of them can steal, and they have power 1-9 with everyone healthy.  I'm honestly not worried about the offensive starters, although the depth behind them at AAA is a concern.

The biggest is still the bullpen.  Bedrosian and Parker need to be the big arms and they were shaky...you know you are in trouble when you are depending on Middleton to bail you out.  The lack determined BP depth makes the rotational health that much more important.  Hopefully, Eppler can find a another arm or two out there to make BP hierarchy a little defined.

10 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

This series against the Tribe will tell us a lot.

I'm sure the Cubs and their fans were thinking the same thing going into that last series with the 4-A Marlins, who they split a four game series with. 

Just a devastating blow to their franchise and 2018 hopes. 

;)

By my count, not counting yesterday's win vs the A's, we have:

3 vs Cleveland
3 vs A's
3 vs Rangers
4 vs Royals
3 vs Red Sox
3 vs gaints
3 vs astros
3 vs Skankies

Out of that, I'd like to at least split against the playoff teams - so, take 6/12 against the Indians, Red Sox, Astros, and Yankees. I think if this team is as good as I think it is, that should be doable. That leaves 13 other games. I don't think 8/13 there is unreasonable. So, the goal for April should be something like...15/26, with a total record of 17/29. That would be on pace for a damn good season (90+ wins), against some tough competition. The trick here will probably be limiting the damage against the high end teams. Tonight will be interesting - it would be great to win this series against the Indians, but the road there is pretty tough. Tomorrow is probably our best shot at a win, but we would also need either JC to get one tonight, or Skaggs to beat Kluber on Wednesday. Of those...JC vs Clevinger feels a bit more doable.

29 minutes ago, krAbs said:

By my count, not counting yesterday's win vs the A's, we have:

3 vs Cleveland
3 vs A's
3 vs Rangers
4 vs Royals
3 vs Red Sox
3 vs gaints
3 vs astros
3 vs Skankies

Out of that, I'd like to at least split against the playoff teams - so, take 6/12 against the Indians, Red Sox, Astros, and Yankees. I think if this team is as good as I think it is, that should be doable. That leaves 13 other games. I don't think 8/13 there is unreasonable. So, the goal for April should be something like...15/26, with a total record of 17/29. That would be on pace for a damn good season (90+ wins), against some tough competition. The trick here will probably be limiting the damage against the high end teams. Tonight will be interesting - it would be great to win this series against the Indians, but the road there is pretty tough. Tomorrow is probably our best shot at a win, but we would also need either JC to get one tonight, or Skaggs to beat Kluber on Wednesday. Of those...JC vs Clevinger feels a bit more doable.

I don't think you understand the whole win/loss breakdown. 15/26 would be a losing record of catastrophic proportions. 17/29 just as horrible. 

17/12 W/L for March/April wouldn't suck. 

Edited by Blarg

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't think you understand the whole win/loss breakdown. 15/26 would be a losing record of catastrophic proportions. 17/29 just as horrible. 

17/12 W/L for March/April wouldn't suck. 

Sorry - should have specified, shown as a fraction of total, not a win - loss ratio.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Lol 4 games...

Some of you need to pump the breaks. We have Cleveland, Houston, Boston and the Yanks this month. Let’s see what our record is at the end of April first.

People were declaring the team a total failure after game 1. What's wrong with some positivity?