• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Toys R Us Closing

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/toys-r-us-is-closing-all-of-its-us-stores-heres-where-they-are.html

I worked for TRU from 1995-2000.  I was an assistant manager, worked in Cerritos, Montebello and Glendale Stores.  Was interviewed when the gift registry started, it was a great company to work for.  This is sad to hear and see.

Image result for toys r us glendale 5664

Between online retailers/amazon, walmart/target, and kids having their eyes permanently glued to screens all the time not surprising. The last time I went in to Toys R Us a few years ago it looked like the place had been ransacked, shit all over the floor, product on the shelves all askew...made it really easy to go elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, red321 said:

Between online retailers/amazon, walmart/target, and kids having their eyes permanently glued to screens all the time not surprising. The last time I went in to Toys R Us a few years ago it looked like the place had been ransacked, shit all over the floor, product on the shelves all askew...made it really easy to go elsewhere.

This is the exact experience I had the last time I went to a Toys R Us. I walked in, walked around for about 3 minutes, then walked right back out. 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:45 AM, LHalo said:

We had a Babies R Us gift certificate. Yesterday I had my wife redeem it for whatever it was worth before they quit honoring them. If anyone else has one I suggest they do the same.

I visited Toys R Us today with a really old gift card and after some time they issued me a new one for the same value and applied it to my purchase. Have you tired to use it online? If that doesn't work ask for manager at your location to resolve it.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:52 AM, NJHalo said:

Sad, they had a monopoly on the market for a long time. I guess they couldn't keep up with changing times and the three headed monster of Walmart, Target, and Amazon 

I read an article about the demise of the chain. The article said that competition had less to do with it than the debt load that the company acquired when snapping up competitors. This prevented them from making many of the planned improvements in their stores that would have made shopping in them more appealing, like a play area where kids could try out toys before purchase. The last time that I was in one, it was like shopping in a warehouse.

4 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

I visited Toys R Us today with a really old gift card and after some time they issued me a new one for the same value and applied it to my purchase. Have you tired to use it online? If that doesn't work ask for manager at your location to resolve it.

Used it and the goods were delivered today. Just didn’t want to get stuck with a “K-Mart gift card”.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Sucks.

I used to love it when my mom would go shopping at the Lucky's grocery store on Goldenwest and Edinger in HB. I would always beg her to let us walk around the Toys R Us next door.

Luckys...blast from thr past. Lioe alpha beta.

Sad to hear TRU is closing. I havent stepped in one in 20 years or so, but it was an icon store. And bad news when you see long term stores closing.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

speaking of a warehouse and trying out things, I miss the listen before you buy CD players at:

Wherehouse.1-21-03.RC_.jpg

Back when vinyl was the thing, there was a record store in Norman, OK that rented out LPs. They finally had to stop doing it, because the record companies figured out that people were renting the albums and recording them on cassettes.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Sucks.

I used to love it when my mom would go shopping at the Lucky's grocery store on Goldenwest and Edinger in HB. I would always beg her to let us walk around the Toys R Us next door.

That brings back memories.  Used to go there as a kid and still remember all the video games that were locked up in glass.  Used to go the GW swap meet all the time as a kid and there was an all you can eat Chinese place in that center that closed ~15 years ago that contributed to my childhood obesity and I loved it.  Lucky's got bought out by Albertson's in 1998, that Lucky's became an Alberton's some time in 1999 and my buddy (one of the guys I went to the swap meet with) worked there from about 2000-2003.  I'll never forget hot boxing my car on his break when his manager knocks on the passenger side window to see when he was going to come back to work and he had to roll the window down.  Being young, dumb and not caring is so much different than being a responsible adult.  What used to be Lucky's/Albertson's is now a hobby lobby and that center has been completely revamped.

8 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

That brings back memories.  Used to go there as a kid and still remember all the video games that were locked up in glass.  Used to go the GW swap meet all the time as a kid and there was an all you can eat Chinese place in that center that closed ~15 years ago that contributed to my childhood obesity and I loved it.  Lucky's got bought out by Albertson's in 1998, that Lucky's became an Alberton's some time in 1999 and my buddy (one of the guys I went to the swap meet with) worked there from about 2000-2003.  I'll never forget hot boxing my car on his break when his manager knocks on the passenger side window to see when he was going to come back to work and he had to roll the window down.  Being young, dumb and not caring is so much different than being a responsible adult.  What used to be Lucky's/Albertson's is now a hobby lobby and that center has been completely revamped.

Yep! Funny enough, my mom actually works at that Hobby Lobby now.

Seeing that Toys R Us get taken down is going to be a pretty rough day.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:09 AM, red321 said:

On 3/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, Lou said:

This is the exact experience I had the last time I went to a Toys R Us. I walked in, walked around for about 3 minutes, then walked right back out. 

+1