• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recommendations for commercially available IPAs

16 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Nope. It's citrus or tropical overtones only for me, when it comes to fruit essence. Dont like the berry ones, either. Yer still looking for a sucker. :)

you know, if you keep up that kind of attitude i just may remove you from the list of people i'd most like to see win this coveted prize.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

you know, if you keep up that kind of attitude i just may remove you from the list of people i'd most like to see win this coveted prize.

holy crap...you are still trying to pawn that stuff off?

Use it for cooking...make a vegeterian chili and use it as part of the base

or better yet, leave it on a park bench so kids can find it

4 hours ago, red321 said:

holy crap...you are still trying to pawn that stuff off?

Use it for cooking...make a vegeterian chili and use it as part of the base

or better yet, leave it on a park bench so kids can find it

you know, this is such a rare commodity that i don't want it to fall into the wrong hands. it's like matching a pet with the right owner.

Lagunitas 'Little Sumpin Sumpin" and Sierra Nevada's "Torpedo" are both available all over,  very consistant, very drinkable.(and both around 7.5 abv)

I've spent much of the last 2 months in Oregon and after the 28th will become a permanate resident of that fine state. (Bandon) As has been mentioned here, the brewery scene there is a beer lovers dream. In Bandon alone there are at least a dozen different small breweries represented on the taps at the local pubs, and they are always changing. Lots of competition resulting in so many great beers.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Adam said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I see this shit with whiskey or bourbons all the time. It’s Facking embarrassing. It’s literally the same type of dude every time that stares at the bottles like it’s an important life decision. We always laugh because dudes that like or are into whiskey look and pick one while at least being familiar with the choices. None of this pondering shit.

Side note, one time a dude took it to the next level and after he asked the bartender said some shit like, “Yeah, I’ve had that one over there before. It has a smokey finish with a hint of caramel.”

What. The. F*ck.

I think it’s simply getting older. I don’t have much patience either. I was talking with someone and they asked me what I value these days and to be honest, it’s time. 

Never seems like there is enough of it and I also hate wasting it on shit like sitting in traffic or lines. I always pay extra for anything expedited, quicker, or more efficient.

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I don't know if it's a product of getting older or having kids and never having enough time but I hate thinking about anything anymore. When I'm ordering a beer I just tell the waiter/waitress to give me what they would order

So you're drinking mostly natty ice, eh? Good for you!

On 3/13/2018 at 4:02 PM, mrwicked said:

Pliny is a double IPA - thus the hops (I like it better than standard IPAs).  I buy two cases every time I'm in Santa Rosa, just really good beer. Pliny the Younger is even on another level, man it is just comically delicious.  Also their Bling Pig standard IPA is really good.

Lagunitas is great, very popular around here, fantastic to go up there for lunch. I love me some Sculpin too. 

Bummer you don't move up sooner, the Bay Area brew festival is in a couple weeks and always a good time. https://www.bayareabrewfestival.com/

Folks here know IPA better than myself, but I also like Citra from a place down in Kern County called Kern River Brewing.

Pliny is delicious, theres a bar in burbank that has it pretty often. Still haven't had Pliny the Younger because of its rarity. Also Lagunitas is my go to normally, still gotta go by the brewery in Azusa. 

I think that was Deja Vu in Ontario. First strip club I ever went to when co-workers took me for my 18th birthday. Should have a picture around here somewhere of being on stage and like ten girls asses. Complete amateur hour and the stereotype of a first timer....spent all my time with one girl and spent a bunch of money because I thought she really liked me.

Same place, they had multiple signs. It was on Central & Mission which bordered Montclair/Chino/Pomona and Ontario. Next door was the Anchor Motel for guys that wanted to spend even more money. Both are gone.

My wife worked for a while at an industrial building four blocks West at a company called Picture Cars. Years later the kids were in the back seat of the minivan with friends and my middle son blurts out, Mom worked there! Just as they drove past The Eyeful. I chide her about that any time we drive past there.

My former Father In Law owns a cash register company which did POS systems.  One day he calls me and says he needs help with one of his customers place and has me meet him at his office.  He never told me where we were going but we ended up going to Deja Vu (the eyeful). He needed my help carrying a single box while he carried his tools.  It was interesting.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My former Father In Law owns a cash register company which did POS systems.  One day he calls me and says he needs help with one of his customers place and has me meet him at his office.  He never told me where we were going but we ended up going to Deja Vu (the eyeful). He needed my help carrying a single box while he carried his tools.  It was interesting.  

Wait, what's this code for?