• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Onion addresses the angelswin.com beer snobs

6 hours ago, red321 said:

ha!

On a separate note...anyone notice that the craft market has started to go off the rails price wise...starting to charge upwards of $20 for a 16oz can 4 pack? 

Yep. I want to say the grocery store was charging $23 for a 12-pack of Sculpin this week. Absurd. Even mid-road stuff like Fat Tire was $9-10 for a six pack.

8 hours ago, red321 said:

ha!

On a separate note...anyone notice that the craft market has started to go off the rails price wise...starting to charge upwards of $20 for a 16oz can 4 pack? 

Especially anything that has been aged in a barrel 

The other day I was at my local place. 22 for a 4 pack of hopped lager. Alan, man, what the hell? He shrugs...’I’m not making a killing off it, you guys want all the specialized stuff, that’s what they are charging. Guess they figure you’ll pay 10 in a bar, so 4-5 outside the bar is cool. ‘

1 hour ago, red321 said:

The other day I was at my local place. 22 for a 4 pack of hopped lager. Alan, man, what the hell? He shrugs...’I’m not making a killing off it, you guys want all the specialized stuff, that’s what they are charging. Guess they figure you’ll pay 10 in a bar, so 4-5 outside the bar is cool. ‘

so did you pay the 22 or pass?

20 hours ago, red321 said:

ha!

There's this newish chain - Grocery Outlet with discounted prices on all items, including beer. Craft Beers are popping up at a greater rate than white house cabinet members, so there's no way to know what's good or not, but they have a pretty nice selection at decent prices. 

I've been spending time in Oregon...moving there. Craft beer pints are 3-4 dollars in the locals bars, 5-6 tops, in the hipster joints. I feel like I'm bar drinking at 50% off. Store prices are about the same, (slightly less) but I brew... so once I get the brewery up and running I wont care.

12 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I've been spending time in Oregon...moving there. Craft beer pints are 3-4 dollars in the locals bars, 5-6 tops, in the hipster joints. I feel like I'm bar drinking at 50% off. Store prices are about the same, (slightly less) but I brew... so once I get the brewery up and running I wont care.

Oregon has a fantastic selection...and it's cool because they don't all focus on over the top IPAs.

I've started to sell off my brewing equipment, just not enough time. But I was taking a look at the picobrew system. Wife was kind of on board until she saw the price.

7 minutes ago, red321 said:

Oregon has a fantastic selection...and it's cool because they don't all focus on over the top IPAs.

I've started to sell off my brewing equipment, just not enough time. But I was taking a look at the picobrew system. Wife was kind of on board until she saw the price.

Every small town has a brewery or 3, and the large towns have a handful..and you're right, the selection has plenty of range...something for every mood, taste, preference. I'll be drinking "out" more, that's for sure.

Probably like 3 years ago we went to Four Sons Brewery in HB and it was a pretty cool set up in an industrial area where they had a food truck that would park out back so you could grab something to eat too.  I started to see their beers at places like Slaters 50/50, in some of the markets and they were at the punk in drublic festival back in October.  I noticed some of their 4 packs are pricey and some of their singles are like $10+.  I know that's not unusual for some of the craft beers but for as much as I like drinking beer and trying different beers I have no interest in spending that much.    

Another thing to keep in mind regarding the demand for IPAs: they have almost double the alcoholcontent of many other run of the mill beers. When i drink alcohol, i want to feel it. I dont think I could physically consume enough bud light to make that happen.

stopped drinking beer a while back because it goes straight to the stomach and neck. every now and then I'll hit a brewery with buddies or grab something new or recommended and noticed changes since I first got into craft brews in the mid-00's back when stone and dogfish head were kind of the only options. there's always been a weird pretentiousness and ~$8-$10 beers. go brewery hopping and include food and you can drop some money that doesn't feel very value friendly.

plus, you get the same characters at every brewery and it feels like groundhogs day.........mustache and beard fashion, some slob with an older or low key newer brewery shirt from a different place to announce they are in the know, and pasty ass white dudes....myself one of them when I'm in there.

Here is what I don't get about microbrews.  I guess you white folk could explain it to me.  Everytime I go to a microbrew.  There is always that one or two families that brings their kids.  

What is it, bring your kid to a bar, that's bad.  Bring your kid to a microbrew.  Hey you are hip and cool.  

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

stopped drinking beer a while back because it goes straight to the stomach and neck. every now and then I'll hit a brewery with buddies or grab something new or recommended and noticed changes since I first got into craft brews in the mid-00's back when stone and dogfish head were kind of the only options. there's always been a weird pretentiousness and ~$8-$10 beers. go brewery hopping and include food and you can drop some money that doesn't feel very value friendly.

plus, you get the same characters at every brewery and it feels like groundhogs day.........mustache and beard fashion, some slob with an older or low key newer brewery shirt from a different place to announce they are in the know, and pasty ass white dudes....myself one of them when I'm in there.

So what you're trying to say is that you really haven't stopped drinking beer.