• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OCR talks up AngelsWin.com

Spirit

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thanks for sharing, @Geoff.

Let the good times roll. 

To me my favorite time as a website & group was 2009. 

We made the playoffs and USA Today had us blog on the Angels during both the ALDS and ALCS. 

The Angels granted us as a fansite/blog full access media credentials.

We had an our hour radio spot during rush hour titled "The Richter Scale" that talked up the Angels and it's farm system/prospects. 

Produced content for preseason rankings and prospect lists for Fox Sports and Baseball Today magazines.

Forged a content partnership with the OC Register.

Had Rex Hudler and Terry Smith join our Spring fanfest. Rex was an absolute riot. We crammed about 75 of us into a small sports bar in Tempe and Rex chugged beers with us, shared stories and was high giving everyone. 

Turned down ESPN, Fox Sports, Scout to join their websites and Angels coverage to remain indy.

Many more website highlights, but finally beating the Boston Red Sox was my favorite part of that season. That was truly epic! 

The only downside to 2009 was that a rival Angels Blog was so jealous of our site's success that the lead guy there dragged my name through the mud on his blog and then tried to get me fired at work, claiming I was doing AW.com stuff on the job. To which my boss at the time said, "Chuck we love the work you do here and we love the success your website is having. Don't worry about this jealous creep."... My boss was an M's fan. 

Either way, 2009 was exciting times! 

It has equally been an exciting 14 years in totality. 

Probably very true regarding Rex.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Sb nation site ?

Yeah. Though the perpetrator was later fired for an unrelated incident years later. 

Now HalosHeaven is run by a couple young kids heavily into stats from what I understand.

9 hours ago, laagamer said:

Article mentioned something about "poking fun at each other like siblings". Just making a joke on that. 

ah, thanks for the explanation. I guess if I re-read the entire article I would have picked that up. lol

On 2/28/2018 at 9:59 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Thanks for sharing, @Geoff.

Let the good times roll. 

To me my favorite time as a website & group was 2009. 

We made the playoffs and USA Today had us blog on the Angels during both the ALDS and ALCS. 

The Angels granted us as a fansite/blog full access media credentials.

We had an our hour radio spot during rush hour titled "The Richter Scale" that talked up the Angels and it's farm system/prospects. 

Produced content for preseason rankings and prospect lists for Fox Sports and Baseball Today magazines.

Forged a content partnership with the OC Register.

Had Rex Hudler and Terry Smith join our Spring fanfest. Rex was an absolute riot. We crammed about 75 of us into a small sports bar in Tempe and Rex chugged beers with us, shared stories and was high giving everyone. 

Turned down ESPN, Fox Sports, Scout to join their websites and Angels coverage to remain indy.

Many more website highlights, but finally beating the Boston Red Sox was my favorite part of that season. That was truly epic! 

The only downside to 2009 was that a rival Angels Blog was so jealous of our site's success that the lead guy there dragged my name through the mud on his blog and then tried to get me fired at work, claiming I was doing AW.com stuff on the job. To which my boss at the time said, "Chuck we love the work you do here and we love the success your website is having. Don't worry about this jealous creep."... My boss was an M's fan. 

Either way, 2009 was exciting times! 

It has equally been an exciting 14 years in totality. 

We go on and on about replacing Scioscia because of our lack of success since 2009, well if 2009 was our peak should we consider replacing Chuck?  If so, who should replace him and why?  I’d probably choose AnaheimBob, he seems reasonable, well rounded, and he sat behind Bud Selig at a World Series game.