• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Year's Flu

our school started getting hit with it the last couple of weeks. hit a couple of teachers and several kids. still hanging around but the sick are fewer in number this week.

of course, none of this prevented parents from sending their feverish kids to school anyway. smh.

it's been very surprising to me to see how many deaths have happened from this flu. kids and elderly are not surprising, but there have been people our ages that have died from this flu, including a 40 yr old woman who was a jogger and in reasonably good health.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's been very surprising to me to see how many deaths have happened from this flu. kids and elderly are not surprising, but there have been people our ages that have died from this flu, including a 40 yr old woman who was a jogger and in reasonably good health.

Flu deaths are chronically under-reported, but some years, are estimated to exceed 50,000 in the US.  It's not just the old, young, or chronically ill - flu can cause an inflammatory response that spins out of control, and can kill otherwise-healthy people in hours.  People seriously underestimate how dangerous flu can be ...

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Coming up on the 100th anniversary of the worst flu epidemic in history. The PBS show on it was terrifying.

Yup, caused the deaths of millions. The Dodge Brothers both died of the flu three months apart from each other, leaving their car company in the hands of their widows.

57 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yup, caused the deaths of millions. The Dodge Brothers both died of the flu three months apart from each other, leaving their car company in the hands of their widows.

Thats insane. My A.D.D. recently kicked in and i resd up about the spanish flu. Hollllly smokes. On the heels of WW1.

Nature always wins. 

17 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I had the flu about 2.5 years ago for the first time and I thought I was going to die

I got it for the first time in college, and thought the same. 

It was during finals week, and after not being able to move for 3 days, I tried going to class. I almost passed out walking up the stairs. It was scary because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it back down.

I'm a public school teacher now, and go through a 32 oz container of hand sanitizer every couple months.  Yes, I know hand washing is better, but with the cleanliness of the bathrooms here, I might as well just inject myself with flu. 

got hit back to back. had an "infection" from the week before christmas until the first week of january. started feeling good then got hit with an ear infection and strep about two weeks ago. went to my primary this time instead of urgent care and she legitimately asked me if i have aids or hiv because my immune system was shot to shit to get sick back to back.