• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SpaceX

Lhalo

On 10/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Lhalo said:

You know what hasn't happened recently? NASA launching any people into space after their shit burned up on reentry 16 years ago. Meanwhile SpaceX is progressing leaps and bounds over them and will most likely send humans to the space station next year.

Sounds important and necessary for society.

There is almost zero reason to put human beings in space for exploration purposes. They knew that back in 1960 but had to humanize the space race with heros because the Russians had already beat them to it. It was simply for funding and public support, nothing the Mercury to Appolo astronauts did was of importance that they couldn't do with machinery or test animals. The first space walk simply a gimmic. 

So, roll the clocks forward and we are still endangering lives for something the rovers have already accomplished on Mars. Yay Space-X, they have yet to actually kill a crew, yet. It will happen. NASA knew eventually it would happen but kept rolling dice until it did. Then rolled the dice two more times unsucessfuly. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I’ll have to admit, I didn’t realize there was even going to be a space launch until a coworker told me about it last week.  Since then, I’ve been binge watching all the lead-up on the launch on Discovery Channel.  It’s been extremely interesting.

Im not a giant Elan Musk fan, but what he’s done to get this mission to where it is after 18 years of successes and failures is pretty amazing.  He’s persistent if he’s anything.  I’m pretty excited to check this event out.  I’m hoping for a successful launch and not some catastrophic tragedy.  Good luck to our astronauts today.