• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SpaceX

Lhalo

• 2 months later...

After 64 days in space, the Falcon capsule has returned via splashdown in the Gulf of Mexico, our first space splashdown in over 40 years. The capsule floated down gently under four parachutes and then was loaded onboard the recovery ship. The hatch has yet to be opened as they’re waiting for the buildup of gases to dissipate. But all in all, it’s gone very well.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

for those who aren't interested in watching the full two hours of this video, the launch happens at the 39.30' mark. 

I'm glad I was able to fwd through most of it.

Here's an awesome video of it @Tank. I can't wait to see the finished product. 

I don't think people realize how much SpaceX is going to change humanity in the very near future.

beautiful! thanks.

any ideas why it drifted as it was lifting off? and it looked like the engine was on fire as it was descending.

I'm excited to see space travel again, and look forward to them returning to the moon.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

beautiful! thanks.

any ideas why it drifted as it was lifting off? and it looked like the engine was on fire as it was descending.

I'm excited to see space travel again, and look forward to them returning to the moon.

The drifting was planned but I don't think the engine fire was lol. From the SpaceX reddit site: The Raptor engine is offset slightly from the vehicle's vertical axis, so some unusual motion is to be expected as SN5 lifts off, reorients the engine beneath the vehicle's center of mass, and lands.

They landed it within a couple meters of the intended site with only one Raptor engine. The final product will have three Raptor engines and will be an absolute beast. As much as I like the Falcon Heavy and it's reusable rocket landings, this will the most economically viable spacecraft ever created. I truly believe I'll see people land on Mars in my lifetime via some form of Starship.

https://www.spacex.com/vehicles/starship/