• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols & Ohtani news

Chuck

9 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I wonder if the angels threatened to bench him if he didn't lose weight.  He looked like he was about to give birth to quintuplets last year, it was ridiculous.

If so, t's about time this front office grew a pair when it comes to handling Pujols.

Or Pujols was finally healthy enough to train like everyone else rather than rehab an injury, like he has the past two off-seasons. 

39 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I wonder if the angels threatened to bench him if he didn't lose weight.  He looked like he was about to give birth to quintuplets last year, it was ridiculous.

If so, t's about time this front office grew a pair when it comes to handling Pujols.

Its possible. But i think its more about him finally not having an injured off season.

Ive said it before, a guy in his position has no excuses. Foot hurts? Fine. Go swim a few miles a day, and eat better. But i also think hes professional enough that he was just as embarrassed last year, and his own ego/responsibility got him in better shape this winter.

36 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Or Pujols was finally healthy enough to train like everyone else rather than rehab an injury, like he has the past two off-seasons. 

What do you mean healthy enough?  His legs?

Yet I've seen people who are disabled and require the use of wheelchairs in better shape than him.  Go figure.

9 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

What do you mean healthy enough?  His legs?

Yet I've seen people who are disabled and require the use of wheelchairs in better shape than him.  Go figure.

Yes... Surgery, plantar fasciitis, knee issues, etc. 

He said he went into this offseason finally healthy enough to train for the entire season. First time in a long time according to Albert.

How about take his word for it and check out the results, rather than be a pessimist? 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yes... Surgery, plantar fasciitis, knee issues, etc. 

He said he went into this offseason finally healthy enough to train for the entire season. First time in a long time according to Albert.

How about take his word for it and check out the results, rather than be a pessimist? 

Honestly I can't help it, I just really hate the guy. Everything about him so unlikable.

However, if the angels are gonna make the playoffs they need a good healthy and mobile Pujols so I do hope that he makes a big comeback.  And Im glad that he's at least trying to improve.

2 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

:)

We can only hope. I just think he should try to keep the weight off every year. He must have had a very poor diet the past few years. Dude probably pounds the meals when hitting the road for 81 games. 

348D7663-18D0-4036-B9E5-D0CCC7612E3D.jpeg

I'm sure he does.. it's a long season, but if he's playing the field I'm guessing he will stay in shape a bit more since he won't be sitting on his ass the entire game until it's his turn to bat. 

Hopefully he sticks to a good healthy diet, with some cardio time in the gym to stay fit the entire season ... not just the offseason. 

43 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Honestly I can't help it, I just really hate the guy. Everything about him so unlikable.

However, if the angels are gonna make the playoffs they need a good healthy and mobile Pujols so I do hope that he makes a big comeback.  And Im glad that he's at least trying to improve.

Yeah, I hate people who are generous with their time, resources and money toward charities.  Really, what's the guy thinking anyway.

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm sure he does.. it's a long season, but if he's playing the field I'm guessing he will stay in shape a bit more since he won't be sitting on his ass the entire game until it's his turn to bat. 

Hopefully he sticks to a good healthy diet, with some cardio time in the gym to stay fit the entire season ... not just the offseason. 

He’s been wealthy enough over the years to have a full time nutritionist to work with him. Swimming in the offseason could keep anyone in shape without stress to his legs. I’m cautiously optimistic because we’ve seen this Pujols is at 100% before and then a secret ailment always shows up. We’ll see. 

So when I walk into work my buddy at work (big Dodgers fan) says are you bummed you won't see Ohtani at all this season?  I say what, and scramble to look at MLBTR for a new announcement.  I said was there a new announcement.  He said no just the same one from weeks ago.  Thanks buddy.  Bottom line we agreed Angels will be careful with Ohtani this season.