• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Stadium to have full protective netting behind dugouts

Chuck

You could just be having a conversation and get taken out by a foul ball.  What about some little kid ? Some things are more important then a perfect view.  If you think it ruins your viewing experience buy a cheaper seat above the net. 

Always baffling what people will complain about.  These nets are a good thing.  Preventing one tragedy makes it worth it.  You can bet 99% of people taken out by foul balls will go after the club for compensation .  Especially now that the nets becoming the norm.  If the club fails to install them it’s an obvious liability. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

You could just be having a conversation and get taken out by a foul ball.  What about some little kid ? Some things are more important then a perfect view.  If you think it ruins your viewing experience buy a cheaper seat above the net. 

Always baffling what people will complain about.  These nets are a good thing.  Preventing one tragedy makes it worth it. 

Exactly this.  What if you’re paying attention and move to get out of the way only to destroy the person behind you. 

56 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Always baffling what people will complain about.  These nets are a good thing.  Preventing one tragedy makes it worth it.  You can bet 99% of people taken out by foul balls will go after the club for compensation .  Especially now that the nets becoming the norm.  If the club fails to install them it’s an obvious liability. 

I understand why they are doing this but couldn't you make the exact opposite argument? Why are you bringing a little kid to sit right behind the dugout when you know he could be hit by a foul ball? Why are you focusing on the conversation and not the game when you know you could be hit by a foul ball. If you think that ruins your viewing experience buy a cheaper seat further back...

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You and I could go to a game, pay complete attention and still leave in an ambulance. 

All joking aside you would have to be a complete non-sociable programmable robot to pay attention to each and every pitch. Nobody does that. Just watch the crowd and you can see that most of the people are casual fans that are on their phones or chatting with their friends and other fans. 

This is a good and necessary solution. People don't always realize just how fast the ball can travel headed to the seats, and fans just don't have the same quick reflexes as an athlete.

the hockey nets have been around for a few years now and I don't even notice them anymore. Baseball fans will adjust quickly enough.

Just read an article saying that the last fan that died as the resault of a foul ball was almost 50 years ago... and that most likely happened because they didn't perform necessary tests soon enough.

Also read one that says an injury is reported once out of every two games roughly... and it's often nothing.

And one that said an adult male's case was dismissed after he got his face bashed in by a foul ball.

This is about PR.

Or you know, about safety.  Why does it have to result in death to be a big deal.  When I had season seats I sat in the 200 section just outside of first base.  I would go to 20 or so games a season and 3 or 4 times a season I would see a ball go into the stand causing injuries that required first aid.  People coming up with a bloody towel pressed against their heads/face.