• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So much for the whole "more national coverage" thing...

floplag

55 minutes ago, floplag said:

The East Coast Sports Programming Network gave us a whole token 1 Sunday night game this season, less than the Cards, Mets, Giants, etc...   And surprise surprise its against... the Yankees, lol   

That’s that’s ok with me. Sunday night games stink - unless they follow a Saturday day game in New York, as we had in 2014. 

And the Angels had zero Sunday nights on the initial schedule in 2016 and 2017. They had the September game in Houston added in August.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

That’s that’s ok with me. Sunday night games stink - unless they follow a Saturday day game in New York, as we had in 2014. 

And the Angels had zero Sunday nights on the initial schedule in 2016 and 2017. They had the September game in Houston added in August.

I don't recall who it was that brought it up, but on MLB network after the Othani signing the panel they spent an amount of time talking about how good it would be for baseball to bring more attention the Trout on a national level, being the best player in baseball and all, now that we got the Japanese media star which should bring more attention to the Angels as a whole.  

From the player perspective, im sure you are right Jeff, early travel etc... but from the perspective of baseball as a whole it feels like a letdown.   

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

I don't recall who it was that brought it up, but on MLB network after the Othani signing the panel they spent an amount of time talking about how good it would be for baseball to bring more attention the Trout on a national level, being the best player in baseball and all, now that we got the Japanese media star which should bring more attention to the Angels as a whole.  

From the player perspective, im sure you are right Jeff, early travel etc... but from the perspective of baseball as a whole it feels like a letdown.   

I seem to recall seeing the initial Sunday night schedule at least a month ago, so whatever prompted this thread may be a schedule unchanged since Ohtani. I’d be willing to bet the weekday ESPN and MLB Network games, which are scheduled much later, feature the Angels more now.

Well now I can't find it. Maybe I'm just having deja vu today.

Anyway, there are a lot more Sunday nights TBA. I wouldn't worry about it.

21 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I seem to recall seeing the initial Sunday night schedule at least a month ago, so whatever prompted this thread may be a schedule unchanged since Ohtani. I’d be willing to bet the weekday ESPN and MLB Network games, which are scheduled much later, feature the Angels more now.

Well now I can't find it. Maybe I'm just having deja vu today.

Anyway, there are a lot more Sunday nights TBA. I wouldn't worry about it.

You know more about it than i do, ill take your word for it, it just seemed odd that the only one was of course, the Yanks, lol 

Oh and i think happy birthday was in order?

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

You know more about it than i do, ill take your word for it, it just seemed odd that the only one was of course, the Yanks, lol 

Oh and i think happy birthday was in order?

Why thank you.

Also, I looked at the schedule and they play a lot of A's, Royals, Rays on weekends in the first two months. Later in the year they have the Dodgers and Astros on some weekends.

And with the new CBA, you can't have a Sunday night game in a lot of situations if you don't have an off day on Monday. It depends where the two teams are going. It's harder for a West coast team to be on Sunday night because the teams have longer flights after the game.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Why thank you.

Also, I looked at the schedule and they play a lot of A's, Royals, Rays on weekends in the first two months. Later in the year they have the Dodgers and Astros on some weekends.

And with the new CBA, you can't have a Sunday night game in a lot of situations if you don't have an off day on Monday. It depends where the two teams are going. It's harder for a West coast team to be on Sunday night because the teams have longer flights after the game.

Good point about the longer flights for West Coast teams Jeff.  And another Happy Birthday to you!  Thanks for spending time with us.

What happened to the Athletics and Rays? 

Some writer has some crazed idea that all of those contracts can be erased so his simplified divsion chart works out but MLB would have to buy out both franchises, settle with two cities over stadium leases, the television/radio rights, and every contract for every player, coach, manager and front office person on a long term contract. Then wash, rinse repeat for every minor league franchise connected with those two teams.

In short, that's bullshit that ain't gonna happen.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What happened to the Athletics and Rays? 

Some writer has some crazed idea that all of those contracts can be erased so his simplified divsion chart works out but MLB would have to buy out both franchises, settle with two cities over stadium leases, the television/radio rights, and every contract for every player, coach, manager and front office person on a long term contract. Then wash, rinse repeat for every minor league franchise connected with those two teams.

In short, that's bullshit that ain't gonna happen.

The Rays would remain in Tampa. The A’s would be moved because they can’t get their stadium deal done and they only draw about 10k fans per game. 

The first chart you posted was only 28 teams. Maybe you glossed over that but 30 teams do not equally split into 4 divisions and decided to edit. 

The second is a completely different argument and requires the As approval to move the franchise to the East coast.

Edited by Blarg

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The first chart you posted was only 28 teams. Maybe you glossed over that but 30 teams do not equally split into 4 divisions and decided to edit. 

The second is a completely different argument and requires the As approval to move the franchise to the East coast.

All good points, two thoughts

The M’s in Claude’s scenario are too far removed from everyone.  A better scenario is the A’th moving to Portland, and the Rays moving to Charlotte.

I can’t see a sport still steeped in tradition doing such a radical realignment of teams.   The increase of off days, including a small increase in day-night DHs, can help some to mitigate the air travel issue for West Coast teams.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I saw several variations of MLB realignment while Googling. Some teams were missing and I even saw a new team from Mexico City. I do think they need to change things up for travel purposes. I also think they need to make the entire league consistent with or without the DH. 

Am I the only one that doesn’t care about the team not being some media Darling?  I truly couldn’t care less about some perceived respect from ESPN or the likes.  If anything it adds to the annoyance factor.  If we play on ESPN or big FOX then we have to read on here people feeling like Joe Buck hating the Angels or the announcers are so pro-other team.  When in reality fans from the team we are playing say the same thing but in reverse.  At least with our broadcasts we can all agree that Gubi is kinda bad.  

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t care about the team not being some media Darling?  I truly couldn’t care less about some perceived respect from ESPN or the likes.  If anything it adds to the annoyance factor.  If we play on ESPN or big FOX then we have to read on here people feeling like Joe Buck hating the Angels or the announcers are so pro-other team.  When in reality fans from the team we are playing say the same thing but in reverse.  At least with our broadcasts we can all agree that Gubi is kinda bad.  

We are now more popular in Japan than we are in the US.