• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So much for the whole "more national coverage" thing...

floplag

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t care about the team not being some media Darling?  I truly couldn’t care less about some perceived respect from ESPN or the likes.  If anything it adds to the annoyance factor.  If we play on ESPN or big FOX then we have to read on here people feeling like Joe Buck hating the Angels or the announcers are so pro-other team.  When in reality fans from the team we are playing say the same thing but in reverse.  At least with our broadcasts we can all agree that Gubi is kinda bad.  

I’m with you Strad.  I never watch ESPN. I couldn’t care less if the halos are on national coverage.  What does that even mean in 2017?  Every game is on nationally if you have the right package.  

This made a difference pre 90s when you had to wait for the Saturday day game and hope you got to see the Angels.  Its hard to imagine a time when they weren’t on every game but they are.  

We have the worst announcing duo on the planet.  Solve that and I’m happy.   

Shohei Ohtani bids farewell to Sapporo Dome, Japan

SAPPORO, Japan -- Los Angeles Angels-bound Shohei Ohtani bid farewell to fans of his former Japanese club on Monday as he sets off to join his new Major League Baseball team.

The star pitcher and hitter wore an Angels jersey to his news conference. He opened with an introduction in English, saying: "Long time, no see. I'm Shohei Ohtani. Welcome to my press conference. Please enjoy." The Sapporo Dome crowd erupted in laughter and applause.

For five seasons, Ohtani called Sapporo home, playing for the Nippon Ham Fighters. He intends to be a starting pitcher and everyday hitter with the Angels.

Ohtani, the reigning Pacific League MVP, threw one final ceremonial pitch from the Sapporo Dome mound.

He spurned other major league offers to join two-time MVP Mike Trout and slugger Albert Pujols. The Angels are coming off their second consecutive losing season and haven't won a playoff game since 2009.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21875904/shohei-ohtani-bids-farewell-japan-fans-ahead-los-angeles-angels-adventure