• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm so &#@%ing pumped right now

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 12.32.16 PM.png

Yeah, hes not done IMO.  He done the obvious, albeit in a very creative manner, but i think now we see what hes really made of.  
I think he replaces Cron, find 1-2 relievers, maybe even a starter before he hibernates for the winter.  
He is literally what DiPoto wishes he was. 

It isn't just the fact that Eppler landed a front of the rotation starter, DH, new starting 2B, 3B, got a new big bat LF (resigned actually), a couple relievers that should be pretty good and two good prospects.

Its the fact that he got all of this for much cheaper than expected.

Shohei Ohtani, Ian Kinsler, Jim Johnson, Kevin Maitan, and Livan Soto for Troy Montgomery, Wilkel Hernandez, and a total of 22 million. You make that deal every time. 

Then in free agency, Elvin Rodriguez, Grayson Long and 5/106 for Upton and 3/38 with no draft pick compensation for Cozart. 

Yeah, we lost a couple future #3/4/5 starters, a late inning reliever and 4th OF. But we also got a future 3B that has drawn comparisons to Miguel Cabrera or Chipper Jones, and a future SS with upside.

There's no possible way to spin this one other than to say that Eppler has pulled off what many (myself included) would've thought impossible two months ago.

The best defense in baseball and the full season addition of Upton, Kinsler, Cozart and Ohtani to an offense that lacked firepower.

7 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It isn't just the fact that Eppler landed a front of the rotation starter, DH, new starting 2B, 3B, got a new big bat LF (resigned actually), a couple relievers that should be pretty good and two good prospects.

Shohei Ohtani, Ian Kinsler, Jim Johnson, Kevin Maitan, and Livan Soto for Troy Montgomery, Wilkel Hernandez, and a total of 22 million. You make that deal every time. 

Then in free agency, Elvin Rodriguez, Grayson Long and 5/106 for Upton and 3/38 with no draft pick compensation for Cozart. 

Yeah, we lost a couple future #3/4/5 starters, a late inning reliever and 4th OF. But we also got a future 3B that has drawn comparisons to Miguel Cabrera or Chipper Jones, and a future SS with upside.

There's no possible way to spin this one other than to say that Eppler has pulled off what many (myself included) would've thought impossible two months ago.

The best defense in baseball and the full season addition of Upton, Kinsler, Cozart and Ohtani to an offense that lacked firepower.

This x10. All while still having money left over for a bonafide closer or front/middle of the rotation starter. I've maintained since FA started that I want Richards to be our 3rd best pitcher. That may be a reality soon.

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Yep!

He’s given himself a lot of flexibility for the next few years. 

Valbuena 7.5, Johnson 4.5, Kinsler 11 and Street’s 1 mill all coming off the book after this year. 

2B and Catcher will be our only everyday starter spots to fill next year and he’s still roughly 23 million under tax line right now.

Richards

Ohtani

Skaggs

Shoemaker

Bridwell

Heaney

Jc Ramirez

Tropeano

Barria

If we run a 6 man rotation while abusing the 10-day DL we could get by with 20-25 starts from our SPs. I think it would be wise to be cautious with all of their innings since pretty much they're all coming back from injury. At least 2 of these 9 will be hurt before the season, count on that. Barria will be in AAA to start.

29 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Richards

Ohtani

Skaggs

Shoemaker

Bridwell

Heaney

Jc Ramirez

Tropeano

Barria

If we run a 6 man rotation while abusing the 10-day DL we could get by with 20-25 starts from our SPs. I think it would be wise to be cautious with all of their innings since pretty much they're all coming back from injury. At least 2 of these 9 will be hurt before the season, count on that. Barria will be in AAA to start.

Agreed!

Longevity and Health across a full season and our pitching staff have not gone hand in hand in a few seasons!

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm not holding my breath on Jim Johnson. I think his regression was real last season.

I expect him to flame out pretty quickly.

Who cares if the money helped bring Ohtani.  Johnson could be released tomorrow and it would still have been a good trade.