• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baffled by the lack of activity

Dtwncbad

I think the GMs are all going to get together and discuss how they are going to put a hard cap on years and dollars in a quiet collusion before they start negotiating free agent contracts. All this talk about 10 year contracts and $250 - 400 million dollar figures have to make them want to put this down and not give in to the demands for roster killing salaries to single players.

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think the GMs are all going to get together and discuss how they are going to put a hard cap on years and dollars in a quiet collusion before they start negotiating free agent contracts. All this talk about 10 year contracts and $250 - 400 million dollar figures have to make them want to put this down and not give in to the demands for roster killing salaries to single players.

Yep, its feeling like another round of collusion.

Why would the Angels trade away a SP when their depth there has been tested the past 2 yrs due to tons of injuries? Can never have enough pitching. They already have Meyer and Nate Smith shelved for 2018. JC Ramirez tore his UCL but is trying to go the Richards route with regards to rehabbing it rather than having TJS. Shoemaker is coming off forearm surgery and Tropeano is coming back from TJS recovery. So many question marks and injury risks at SP for this team

Also, regarding Ohtani, he only pitched 25 innings last season. Gotta think he'll be on a IP limit in 2018

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

As good as Trout is, the talk of $500 million contracts is crazy.

While yes, WAR is slowly evolving in how it is rewarded, only a certain number of teams can continue to keep up with the crazy escalation of salaries.

MLB could use an NBA style soft salary cap.

MLB salaries have actually declined relative to revenue more than in the NBA or NFL. Owners are taking a bigger percentage of the money than ever before. 

People have trouble fathoming players making that much money. But I guess it's okay for the owners to.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Two shoes gotta drop first. Ohtani & Stanton.

Only to a degree.  The market for Stanton is so narrow at this point that it shouldn't be holding up transactions for 28 clubs.  And Ohtani is down to 7 teams. . .so 23 other should be actively moved on to whatever they are going to do.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Only to a degree.  The market for Stanton is so narrow at this point that it shouldn't be holding up transactions for 28 clubs.  And Ohtani is down to 7 teams. . .so 23 other should be actively moved on to whatever they are going to do.

The majority of the teams in the races still are the teams who have the obvious needs and money to do so. Generally these are the teams shelling out money for FA

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The majority of the teams in the races still are the teams who have the obvious needs and money to do so. Generally these are the teams shelling out money for FA

I said to a degree.  Do you think teams that need a firstbaseman or a shortstop are waiting for a Stanton decision between the giants and cards?

Something is weird this year.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I said to a degree.  Do you think teams that need a firstbaseman or a shortstop are waiting for a Stanton decision between the giants and cards?

Something is weird this year.

If it was down to the Giants and Cards don't you think that would have happened already? There's a lot more movement than teams let on. Did you even consider us getting Jim Johnson and international pool money before it happened? I'm sure there are several trades and signings pending finalization. We as the public just do not know about them yet.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

While yes, WAR is slowly evolving in how it is rewarded, only a certain number of teams can continue to keep up with the crazy escalation of salaries.

MLB has needed one for years!.... Once someone hits that 1/2 a Billion salary is when the entire sport will imploded!...

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What, AO, you don't want to pay $80 for your ticket in the view level and $20 for a beer?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It’s Otani more than Stanton.  I am a little surprised we haven’t seen any of the first baseman or Moustakas signed or even rumors. 

that was my point to someone else earlier. The teams who need these players are the ones doing the bidding on Ohtani. The Angels obviously need a 3B and potentially even a 1B depending on how it goes with Ohtani. This waiting game is actually good. It may mean a deal is on the table but the announcement is dependent on Ohtani or not. Why would they sign a 1B like lets say Morrison when you can platoon Pujols/Cron/Valbuena should you sign Ohtani. The market is dead for 3B, so let Mous wait it out and sign with the Angels for 12-15 mill per.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Trout will not get $500 million, I doubt he gets $400 million.  

All these contracts are going to be brutal if and when the rest of the cord cutting happens.  

Ya that's crazy. That's not even beneficial to put a team around you. I'd be more inclined to give him 40 mil a year in the shorter term than do it for such a long haul. Start at 5 years 200 and go longer years less money from there. If you want 6 years it goes to 37 per if you want 7 years it goes to 35 per and so on.