• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are hoping for an improved offensive performance from everyone, especially Albert Pujols

yk9001

i inferred a totally different meaning to those comments. to me, that reads like they still expect pujols to hit 4th or maaaybe 5th, and that's not going to cut it. also, any comments about pujols regaining speed are laughable and the idea that he will become a "better" hitter, relative to who he is at this point, is pie in the sky foolishness.

i would take comfort if they said, we value pujols' contribution to the team and his ability to change his approach with runners in scoring position. we anticipate sliding him in at the 6 spot and bridging the gap to the bottom 1/3 of the lineup. something like that would be great.

"Yet, there is hope within the organization that Pujols will regain some speed this offseason, as he is already weeks into workouts."

This is good to read.  If Pujols comes into ST 20 pounds lighter and in better shape, that can't hurt.  Like the poster said above, I'd love to seen Pujols hit .250+avg 25+hr 100+rbi's .310+obp in 2018.

2 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

"Yet, there is hope within the organization that Pujols will regain some speed this offseason, as he is already weeks into workouts."

This is good to read.  If Pujols comes into ST 20 pounds lighter and in better shape, that can't hurt.  Like the poster said above, I'd love to seen Pujols hit .250+avg 25+hr 100+rbi's .310+obp in 2018.

What i dont get, a guy with his money, wohld habe no problem paying for liposuction to suck 50 pounds off him.

A personal chef to cook him healthy meals 5 times a day that taste good.

A squad of personal trainers that would come to his house, where he could build a super gym.

There really is no excuse to at worst come to work after 4 months off in phenom shape. 

This is my biggest issue with Albert. For someone who has a foot problem the LEAST he could do is get lighter. 

Physically, he is in terrible shape. Nutrition and conditioning are both within Albert’s control, there’s no excuse to look the way he does when he’s being paid 30 million a year.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

What i dont get, a guy with his money, wohld habe no problem paying for liposuction to suck 50 pounds off him.

A squad of personal trainers that would come to his house, where he could build a super gym.

There really is no excuse to at worst come to work after 4 months off in phenom shape. 

In all fairness, the last two off-seasons, he had surgery and spent that time recovering.  This is the first off-season he's had where he can really focus on coming into ST in shape.  I'm really hoping we see Pujols in the best shape since he's been an Angel.  He has a lot of pride, so I think he will.  How will that translate on the field, I have no idea, but I am really hoping it all works out.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

This is my biggest issue with Albert. For someone who has a foot problem the LEAST he could do is get lighter. 

Physically, he is in terrible shape. Nutrition and conditioning are both within Albert’s control, there’s no excuse to look the way he does when he’s being paid 30 million a year.

Kind of hard to do the necessary cardio when you are recovering from foot surgery.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Are you implying that arroz con pollo is not healthy?

Kind of hard to do the necessary cardio when you are recovering from foot surgery.

There are ways to do cardio with foot injuries/recovering. 

And if you know you’re going to have a difficult time burning calories during the day while you’re recovering then your meals/nutrition better be even more on point.

A foot injury still isn’t a good enough excuse to show up looking the way he does.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yes, its an issue. But he im sure either owns a pool or access to one. 2 hours swimming every day (not like he has to get to work) is a oretty good cardio workout.

Very true.  We shall see.  If he comes to ST in good shape, I'll take that as a solid start to his 2018 season.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

And if you know you’re going to have a difficult time burning calories during the day while you’re recovering then your meals/nutrition better be even more on point.

A foot injury still isn’t a good enough excuse to show up looking the way he does.

I get that.  I'm hoping for the best.

Fingers fucking crossed. 
I'm hoping last year was a reckoning for Pujols and he realizes it's now or never. I am encouraged by the chance at him finally having a healthy offseason, and I do think he's proud enough to see that he needs to improve to stay relevant and do think he has the fire to still do so. 

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt one more year, and I think the Angels do as well. If he turns in a .250/.320/.450/.770 guy with 25 HR and 100 RBI, that'll be okay and buy him another year. But if he's sub .700 again, the Angels need to start planning an exit strategy for '19 and beyond and work around Pujols being a PH HR threat.

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yup.  His wife could help in that department.

14 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I wish I still had that utterly shitty photoshop pic i had of some porch light with a trout superimposed on it.

my lasting memories of you will include the "keeping the porch light on" people, shoulder patches on uniforms, and peyts' mom.