• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are hoping for an improved offensive performance from everyone, especially Albert Pujols

yk9001

On 11/17/2017 at 10:07 AM, JarsOfClay said:

You don't do cardio after foot surgery, you do physical therapy which can burn just as much or more calories.  Which brings us to the main issue:  he's simply eating more calories than he's burning that's why he's so fat.  There is no other reason, so enough with the excuses.

Jars, as someone who has done the physical therapy routine for a bad ankle for a couple years and now will be going through it again post surgery, you're full of crap about calorie burn through PT. It's pain but little gain.

Certainly he needed to reduce his calorie intake to compensate for the reduced amount he could work out but after 15 years of eating like an elite athlete, shutting down for four months is not light switch simple. 

I'm sure some writer (hopefully not @Jeff Fletcher) is going to post a In the best shape of his life article but in reality losing 20 pounds isn't losing five years of post season surgery and physical therapy. He can be in better shape but he isn't going to run like a guy who doesn't have his past medical conditions. 

He could have one of those last hurrah seasons like most of the great players do in their late years but there is the possibility that he won't. Regardless of how slender he looks or how muscular, it's not the years it's the mileage. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He could have one of those last hurrah seasons like most of the great players do in their late years but there is the possibility that he won't. Regardless of how slender he looks or how muscular, it's not the years it's the mileage. 

I’m still hoping that he could pull off what Babe Ruth did at 38 years of age. Of course the Babe was in the best shape of his life. 

.301 / .442 / .582 / 1.023

and 34 hrs / 104 rbi’s.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Jars, as someone who has done the physical therapy routine for a bad ankle for a couple years and now will be going through it again post surgery, you're full of crap about calorie burn through PT. It's pain but little gain.

What are you talking about?  Pain is gain, the pain is telling you that you're burning calories.  It's not just hurting for no reason lol.

I dont know what PT you do, but mine was pretty damn intense, my muscles would literally burn in extreme pain for the entire hour.  It was more painful than any cardio I ever did and I lost 30 lbs so the results speak for themselves.

I was bedridden for 3 months with a broken Tibia and Fibula from a car accident.  I did physical therapy for 2 months, lost 30 pounds.  I went from 165 to 135 in 2 months just from eating right and physical therapy.   So im not sure why Albert who has unlimited access to trainers, the most expensive gym equipment, and the best chefs in the world is still overeating and stuffing his face with krispy kremes and double doubles.

WOW!! just checks his walks from the last year few years and they are not good, while the strikeouts was OK.  I think the biggest issue with pujols is that he's trying to pull every dam pitch, its so frustrating watching him hit into these the shifts when everyone knows that he can can go off with the best.  I Even tho age is getting up to him, i still think he's still a good hitter and it starts with lowering the pull rate. The walks will increase and doubles will increase as he'll start to see the ball better going middle and right field, if he brings the pull rate down to 38-40% keep the center at 38% and increase his usage to fight field to 20% we could get a .270/.335/.475/ slash line.