• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hottest/Spiciest item you've ever had?

Brandon

Been watching this Youtube series called Hot Ones where some dude interviews comics and celebs while eating hot wings that run from simple Sriracha to ghost pepper/reaper pepper levels.

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings since I was craving wings and had that blazin' sauce that is their hottest. That shit should be illegal or for cleaning the inside of an oven. I had that thing happen where it tasted good (some overly hot stuff has that "this is going to burn like shit" smell and taste), but then 15 seconds later it kicks in and everything from watery eyes, super flushed skin, and legit sweats while the inside of the mouth almost goes numb with fire. There's literally no need to consume this.

Anyone into super hot or spicy stuff?

Edited by Brandon

Just last Sunday I popped a batter dipped deep fried Serrano Chile in my mouth and ate it. It took a damn long time for the burning to stop. 

My worst mistake was working with fresh harbenero and rubbed my eye for some stupid reason. The chili oil clung to my contacts and I fried both eyes trying to remove them. I was next to blinded by the pain. No amount of eye washing and visine helped, it took an hour before I could open my eyes. 

To double down on stupid I had just dumped three of those damn things into the taco meat and cooked it. That ruined dinner as well, the heat level was just too much to handle.

Edited by Blarg

Dave’s insanity sauce. 

Years ago walked in to a hot sauce store and dumped a health teaspoon of it on a chip...as I went to eat the chip the owner slapped the chip from my hand. 

One drop. Only one drop. 15 minutes of watery eyes and runny nose. 

Oh, and the spicy green chorizo at Ochoa’s. When I ordered it they said it was too hot for whitenpeople. I told them I could handle it. They laughed  

Too hot for white people and my ass is still puckered from the aftermath just thinking about it. 

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

Dave’s insanity sauce. 

Years ago walked in to a hot sauce store and dumped a health teaspoon of it on a chip...as I went to eat the chip the owner slapped the chip from my hand. 

One drop. Only one drop. 15 minutes of watery eyes and runny nose. 

Oh, and the spicy green chorizo at Ochoa’s. When I ordered it they said it was too hot for whitenpeople. I told them I could handle it. They laughed  

Too hot for white people and my ass is still puckered from the aftermath just thinking about it. 

My friends and I used to have contests to who could take the most Dave's Insanity Sauce. It was all fun and games until we were at a party and some drunk dude rubbed it all over his junk. I'll never forget him crying naked in the shower as everyone at the party took turns laughing at him. 

I don't like spicy hot food at all. Seems to remove the joy of eating for me. Jalapeños, in moderate amounts, are about as risky as I'll go. Have tried a habanero sauce from Chevys restaurant on their enchiladas and it was tempered very well so that it didn't burn a hole in my mouth. Don't care for sriacha at all, and would never even consider something hotter than that.

ive got a friend whose tastes are so mild that he kids about not being able to tolerate anything spicier than ketchup.

Edited by Tank

I used the screw with my cousin who moved out here from the Midwest all the time. 

Oh that, that’s avocado paste...put a nice big dollop on your sushi. 

The jalapeño eating contest was my favorite though. Laughed and laughed as he sat there and chewed on it...getting the seeds between his teeth  

The FirePig tacos at Taco Asylum in Costa Mesa are serious business especially when you douse them with their "Chef's Special Sauce". They're stuffed with ghost chili-braised pork and they pack a punch. Highly recommended. 

http://www.tacoasylum.com/

Me and my coworkers are always on a mission to find good spicy tacos at lunch. The main problem is that our office is in Irvine. 

Edited by LHalo

In my younger military days I had a friend who was Vietnamese. We were on TDY to Guam and went into a Vietnamese restaurant there. He ordered in Vietnamese and when the food came he put one jar of sauce in front of me and called it the white boy jar. I said "fuck you I'll eat whatever you're eating". So we both sat there with tears streaming, refusing to give in. Once the pain finally subsided I don't think I tasted anything for a week. The worst part is that I think it would have been pretty good food if we just ate it with the white boy sauce

1 hour ago, nate said:

I ate a whole raw habanero and it sucked.  I can't imagine this shit now that is like 3x as hot.

I’ve done this as well. I grew habaneros for a time. Besides the raw, made a habanero chili that was just goddamn miserable. 

Sent the rest if the peppers to my buddy who made habanero jelly which was awesome. 

I had to sign a waiver dorm at this legit burger place in Texas called the Ghost Pepper Burger. 

I scoffed and told my family I would finish it. 

I did,  but I was in pain for several hours and I was a fire shitting dragon the next day. 

Just a terrible experience. 

I love spicy food, but this was just torturing myself  

I want to try a Carolina Reaper for the lulz since apparently it's so bad it makes you literally hallucinate demons. 

So far the hottest thing I've actually had was the spiciest level of noodles at a Thai restaurant. I was warned like 8 times after ordering it and the waitresses were giggling at my fat honky ass crying over my plate. Had to order a sippy cup of chocolate milk from the children's menu just to get 2 seconds of sweet release. 

7 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I’ve done this as well. I grew habaneros for a time. Besides the raw, made a habanero chili that was just goddamn miserable. 

Sent the rest if the peppers to my buddy who made habanero jelly which was awesome. 

Mine was also home grown.  One plant yielded like 250 of them.  Ended up giving a ton away and turning the rest into hot sauce. 

8 hours ago, nate said:

Mine was also home grown.  One plant yielded like 250 of them.  Ended up giving a ton away and turning the rest into hot sauce. 

Yeah, an absolute shit-ton of them.  At the end I just gave up.  The best was a rat must have tried one b/c it was gnawed on.  I can only imagine the fire and pain it experienced! 

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Yeah, an absolute shit-ton of them.  At the end I just gave up.  The best was a rat must have tried one b/c it was gnawed on.  I can only imagine the fire and pain it experienced! 

For a good description of the pain felt by the rat just see the redneck video above

6 hours ago, Adam said:

I have a high tolerance for heat and spice but I don't think I've ever gotten more gnar than the Atomic wings at Wing Stop. Six of those bad boys. It was pretty rough. 

i hope you at least got a free t-shirt out of it.

Lately I've been eating a lot of Schezuan food. The dish I get is beef with red and green peppers. Probably not the spiciest dish I've ever had, but the heat builds. I am sweating bullets by the end of the meal. 

On a related note: has anyone ever eaten a Schezuan peppercorn? The place I go to uses them in their Kung Pao chicken. I ate one last night and it was the weirdest sensation. It's not spicy, it's more lemony, but it does something to the nerves in the mouth. My tongue felt like it was a little numb and tingly like an electrical current was paying through it.

Also, one time to prove my college roommate was a baby I rubbed a habanero on my package.