• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At least 20 dead and 30 injured in Texas church shooting

23 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I see plenty of trolls can't wait to make insults and political statements.

dissapointing post from Tyler

It sucks...the thoughts and prayers window for Vegas had almost expired.

I read he had a 40 round clip and was dressed in tactical armor which helped maximize carnage. But it’s early and unfortunately we are all experienced enough to know the early information isn’t always right. 

I feel for the victims, my heart goes out to them, not just for the deaths and injuries to their loved ones, but that we are too cowardly to do something about it. 

Just now, red321 said:

It sucks...the thoughts and prayers window for Vegas had almost expired.

I read he had a 40 round clip and was dressed in tactical armor which helped maximize carnage. But it’s early and unfortunately we are all experienced enough to know the early information isn’t always right. 

I feel for the victims, my heart goes out to them, not just for the deaths and injuries to their loved ones, but that we are too cowardly to do something about it. 

First, aren't you all talking about this in the thoughts and prayers thread?

second, the insult and political statements were not even about guns

36 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I see plenty of trolls can't wait to make insults and political statements.

dissapointing post from Tyler

Takes no time for you guys to bring up that they are muslim.

Anyway, another mass shooting that America will let out a collective meh about, especially since it was a white guy that did it.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

it's too soon to talk about solutions. you should know better, red.

meanwhile, the body count continues to grow...

I'm not really sure what we are supposed to talk about in threads like this. Are we all supposed to put our thoughts and prayers in writing here for a digital record of how bad we feel? Maybe we can go over to Facebook and change our avatar? 

Maybe it's a good thing that we all seem fed up with these threads. It's unfortunate that it always comes down to pro vs anti gun because such narrow minded thinking will not solve anything. It's going to take a better understanding of what drives people to do these things because, as much as some of you will hate to hear it, guns are not going away. At the same time, there is no way the status quo with regards to gun control is working.

30 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not really sure what we are supposed to talk about in threads like this. Are we all supposed to put our thoughts and prayers in writing here for a digital record of how bad we feel? Maybe we can go over to Facebook and change our avatar? 

Maybe it's a good thing that we all seem fed up with these threads. It's unfortunate that it always comes down to pro vs anti gun because such narrow minded thinking will not solve anything. It's going to take a better understanding of what drives people to do these things because, as much as some of you will hate to hear it, guns are not going away. At the same time, there is no way the status quo with regards to gun control is working.

I am digging Mind Hunter also.  

But without knowing how he got the gun.  We train our military personnel to do the unimaginable, to kill people.  That is what the military is there for, to kill.  They are not there to sing songs, or to soothe people's feelings.  They are there to be trained, and when the time comes to do what needs to be done.  So we have someone that was in the military, and by the sounds of it, got discharged for domestic violence on the wife and child.  And he's allowed to have a gun?  Maybe that's a place to start.  Anyone that is trained to kill, i.e. military or police that is dishonorably discharged or fired with cause is not allowed to possess a gun.  Just a thought.

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I am digging Mind Hunter also.  

But without knowing how he got the gun.  We train our military personnel to do the unimaginable, to kill people.  That is what the military is there for, to kill.  They are not there to sing songs, or to soothe people's feelings.  They are there to be trained, and when the time comes to do what needs to be done.  So we have someone that was in the military, and by the sounds of it, got discharged for domestic violence on the wife and child.  And he's allowed to have a gun?  Maybe that's a place to start.  Anyone that is trained to kill, i.e. military or police that is dishonorably discharged or fired with cause is not allowed to possess a gun.  Just a thought.

He is not legally allowed to have one with a DV conviction. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/court-upholds-federal-gun-ban-against-domestic-violence-offenders

Just now, Jason said:

In a place like Texas where you can buy guns like you can buy candy I wonder how he happened to come across one.

Seriously if this guy were a Muslim we would be talking about bans and bombing the hell out of some people in the desert, but since it is a white christian man nobody will do anything.  Wouldn't dare take away our gun rights!  Never mind the right to not be shot.