• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At least 20 dead and 30 injured in Texas church shooting

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know how these things work, but isn’t it possible he had the weapons before the domestic violence conviction?  Would he have to give up his weapons when he was convicted?  Do we even know if these weapons are his?  

It usually comes up in sentencing and they require you to surrender your firearms

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know how these things work, but isn’t it possible he had the weapons before the domestic violence conviction?  Would he have to give up his weapons when he was convicted?  Do we even know if these weapons are his?  

According the article he purchased after his DD and conviction of spousal abuse.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This was after.  He purchased in 2016.  He was court martialed in 2012 for abuse of a spouse/child.  

1 hour ago, nate said:

In a place like Texas where you can buy guns like you can buy candy I wonder how he happened to come across one.

Seriously if this guy were a Muslim we would be talking about bans and bombing the hell out of some people in the desert, but since it is a white christian man nobody will do anything.  Wouldn't dare take away our gun rights!  Never mind the right to not be shot.

Who are we supposed to bomb if he is from this country?

You are sounding like a one trick pony these days.  Your Christian hate is getting worse.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

LOL.  Go ahead, they will just move to Mexico

Obviously I wasn't series.  The bombings are an action right, to try to prevent further issues?

So one would logically thing that we should take action through gun control to prevent further issues.

The NRA does everything they can to keep guns in the hands of everyone including the mentally deranged, and they especially win during times like this because now everyone in Texas is going to go out and buy two more guns.

Problem is there was a law in place that should have kept this guy from getting a gun.  

I hope that catch and prosecute the SOB who sold it to him.

I don't think there are too many people on this board who don't think that some more restrictions are needed.  The problem, as always, is that the middle gets drowned out by the crazies.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Problem is there was a law in place that should have kept this guy from getting a gun.  

I don't think there are too many people on this board who don't think that some more restrictions are needed.  The problem, as always, is that the middle gets drowned out by the crazies.

There are lots of laws, they aren't working, and the NRA stands in the way of trying to change or improve them.

And I guarantee you that plenty of people who are for "common sense" gun control that are still members of the NRA, so they are either hypocrites or morons.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

It'll be interesting, but probably never reported, but interesting to see where the breakdown was.  Was it the clerk not doing a background check, the store, the feds for approving.  It could also be a disconnect between the federal checkpoint, and not including military judicial actions.  

Or this guy might have just used a fake/stolen id.  It'll all be dissected.  

3 minutes ago, nate said:

There are lots of laws, they aren't working, and the NRA stands in the way of trying to change or improve them.

And I guarantee you that plenty of people who are for "common sense" gun control that are still members of the NRA, so they are either hypocrites or morons.

My mom is a member of the ACLU.  There are several things she disagrees with them about but is still an active member who gives regularly.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Seriously if this guy were a Muslim we would be talking about bans and bombing the hell out of some people in the desert, but since it is a white christian man nobody will do anything.  Wouldn't dare take away our gun rights!  Never mind the right to not be shot.

The killer was an atheist who mocked christians but don't let facts get in the way of your narrative. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yes and they were bought (at least a couple of them) after the conviction

The NRA stupidly thinks banning obviously inappropriate weaponry will lead to banning all guns?

Uhh NRA, NO ONE is saying we can't defend ourselves.    But there is a limit to EVERYTHING, including who gets guns and which type of guns they get.

It's STUPID for the NRA to always give the same tired excuse that if these get banned, then ultimately ALL guns will get banned. 

1 hour ago, nate said:

@Chuckster70 you and every other person that feels that way should take action against the NRA then because they actively fight measures to stop the things you listed.  Including smart gun technology that requires biometric unlocking devices before they fire.

Dumb. I want my gun to go bang immediately after I pull the trigger. No need for more things to cause a failure to fire