• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

Dodgers have 179m of committed money so far for 2018. 2017 I believe it was 242m 

I figure they are fine with rhe money. Ethier is gone, agon is gone soon, crawdords money will be gone soon, kemps money, etc.

Im wondering what happens with kershaw? There would be a riot and PR disaster if they dont retsin him next year. But i also know the front office is leary of his arm. I wondee if friedman plays it conservative and they lose him "a year too soon than a year too late".

32 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I figure they are fine with rhe money. Ethier is gone, agon is gone soon, crawdords money will be gone soon, kemps money, etc.

Im wondering what happens with kershaw? There would be a riot and PR disaster if they dont retsin him next year. But i also know the front office is leary of his arm. I wondee if friedman plays it conservative and they lose him "a year too soon than a year too late".

Kershaw is locked up through 2020 if he wants

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sounds like it. And if thats the case, you pretty much have to trade him or hes gonna be (likely) a clubhouse issue 

I don't think so. Last year when the Angels got Valbuena it was basically a demotion for Cron and he never said a word about it. And I asked many many times. 

Same when he got sent down. He never said the wrong thing.

He gets it. 

I feel like this is true of everyone right now, but...Sure Kinsler; for the right price. 1 year contract for pennies? Can't really hurt, and there is the chance of a bounceback year.

Edit- assumed he was a free agent. So, okay, assuming that detroit would eat most of his salary, fine.

1 minute ago, krAbs said:

I feel like this is true of everyone right now, but...Sure Kinsler; for the right price. 1 year contract for pennies? Can't really hurt, and there is the chance of a bounceback year.

Edit- assumed he was a free agent. So, okay, assuming that detroit would eat most of his salary, fine.

I don't think they'd eat any of his salary. He's owed just 11 million so I'm guessing the Angels would be willing to take on all of it in exchange for pretty much nothing.

I would take him as a stop gap until next year but I really think that trading for Hernandez would be the better option. I don't want to see a fix of Kinsler, Morrison and Nunez. That would be a giant load of dog shit. We need an impact player so if that means you cheap out at 1b, 2b and 3b you better be getting Lynn/Cobb or trade for Chris Archer.

19 hours ago, nando714 said:

Wonder what kind of pitching he can fetch

does anyone know if the angels want to bring in a closer ?

are we doing the committee thing ? Middleton? Cam B?

Would highly recommend you go read your Angelswin.com Primer Series installment that discusses this very thing: http://thesportsdaily.com/angels-win/angelswin-com-2018-primer-series-bullpen/

:D

here's my top 25 predictions-

1. Yu Darvish- Twins, 6 yrs, 120 mil

2. Martinez- Red Sox, 7 yrs, 145 mil

3. Hosmer- Cards, 6 yrs, 128 mil

4. Arriets- Brewers/ Cubs- 4yrs- 100 mil

5.  Cain- Brewers- 4yrs, 68 mil

6. Wade Davis- Twins/ Cubs, 4 yrs, 55mil

7. Lynn- Mariners, 4 yr, 62 mil

8. Cobb- Cubs, 3yr 42 mil

9 Moustakas- Royals/ Angels- 1yr 12 mil 9 Don't see a much of a market for him at his price, so he takes a year contract and tests free agency again next year)

10.  Santana-  Indians, 3 yrs- 45 mil

11. Bruce-  Rockies- 3yrs 41 mil

12. Reed- Cubs- 4 yrs- 40 mil

13. Morrow- dodgers, 3 yrs, 25 mil

14.   Morrison- Royals, 3 yrs 35 mi

15. Minor- Astros/Dodgers/Angels- 4 yrs- 34 mil

16.  Cozart- Angels- 2 yrs, 24 mil ( to play either 2nd or 3rd)

17.  Frazier- Royals- 3 yrs, 39 mil

18. Alonso- Red Sox- 2 yrs 20 mil

19.  Chatwood- Dodger, 3yrs- 21 mil

20.  Lucroy- Rockies, 3 yrs- 32 mil.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:
The Angels’ interest in Kinsler is not surprising: They were one of multiple teams to put a waiver claim on him in August.

This move just screams Eppler to me. He has a history of trading with the Tigers, Maybin and Upton. Kinsler is on a one year deal, Eppler likes acquiring guys on one year deals Maybin, Revere, and Espinosa. 

I could live with Kinsler for 1 year at 11M. He’d probably cost similar to what Maybin cost. Maybin not much of a track record coming off a good year. Kinsler with a good track record coming off a down year. 

1 minute ago, vladdy#27 said:

This move just screams Eppler to me. He has a history of trading with the Tigers, Maybin and Upton. Kinsler is on a one year deal, Eppler likes acquiring guys on one year deals Maybin, Revere, and Espinosa. 

I could live with Kinsler for 1 year at 11M. He’d probably cost similar to what Maybin cost. Maybin not much of a track record coming off a good year. Kinsler with a good track record coming off a down year. 

Definitely agree. I'd be happy with Kinsler for a year. He'd be solid. Keeps money and prospects available for 1B, 3B, pitching, or an 'out-of-left field' RF scenario.