• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 World Series Thread

Blarg

Official 2017 World Series Thread  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Wins It All?

• Astros
    • Dodgers

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

He also apparently said "chinito" which I guess is a derogatory spanish term.  As one of the two token Asians on the board, I'll allow it since he hurt the Dodgers today.  If they lose the series, I reserve the right to cry racism 

It's not.

Brown people call all yellow people chinitos. Country of origin is irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Puig didn't  get thrown out of the game whwn he threw  his glove. 

He really shouldn’t have been thrown out of a game for throwing his glove when he was obviously upset at himself for missing that ball.  If a player struck out looking and got pissed at themselves for not swinging the bat and broke the bat over their leg, should they be thrown out of the game?  

9 hours ago, m0nkey said:

He also apparently said "chinito" which I guess is a derogatory spanish term.  As one of the two token Asians on the board, I'll allow it since he hurt the Dodgers today.  If they lose the series, I reserve the right to cry racism 

Actually the term "Chinito" is how cubans say Chinese and "japonés" is how we say Japanese.  It's not racist, it's culturally how people describe some of the asian nationalities.

Leave it to the media to have to make it a big deal.  Let's all put up our big boy pants now.  Good Lord.

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He did something stupid...but its not really a big deal. Not nearly as big of a deal its becomming.

I think Darvish took the best approach.  

https://twitter.com/faridyu/status/924146590893436928

It'll be interesting to see if MLB or the Astros do anything.  Not really stated anywhere, but this must be real uncomfortable for the Astros Manager Hinch.  Because one of his good friends is in the other dugout, in Dave Roberts, who is half Japanese.

Lol at the gurriel situation becoming some huge debacle. I know it’s not what people want to hear but athletes everywhere make jokes about race on the regular. We live in a country where the “redskins” are still a team name ffs. Fortunately for Gurriel he’s not white otherwise he’d be getting absolutely destroyed over this. 

On on another note, the dodgers better hope wood can give them 5+ innings tonight, their pen has been laboring. 

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think Darvish took the best approach.  

https://twitter.com/faridyu/status/924146590893436928

It'll be interesting to see if MLB or the Astros do anything.  Not really stated anywhere, but this must be real uncomfortable for the Astros Manager Hinch.  Because one of his good friends is in the other dugout, in Dave Roberts, who is half Japanese.

No worries the Japanese are tough. This dude never quit. 

5CD703F6-8209-4132-8D64-E6DB50F4345F.jpeg

8 hours ago, Lou said:

What do you mean by their?

nice try, lou.

in all seriousness, it's pretty sad that the pendulum has swung so far out of balance that we think calling yuni out on this is a sign of political correctness. many people in this thread think it's no big deal.

as an example, pc is using the word retarded or gay to describe something, it's not making fun of the person for being retarded or gay.

i think, in the push back against the pc culture, we've forgotten that saying some shit about people actually is fucked up, and shouldn't be tolerated. 

13 minutes ago, ukyah said:

nice try, lou.

in all seriousness, it's pretty sad that the pendulum has swung so far out of balance that we think calling yuni out on this is a sign of political correctness. many people in this thread think it's no big deal.

as an example, pc is using the word retarded or gay to describe something, it's not making fun of the person for being retarded or gay.

i think, in the push back against the pc culture, we've forgotten that saying some shit about people actually is fucked up, and shouldn't be tolerated. 

Or he grew up in a different culture and while inappropriate doesn’t mean he is a racist.  He apologized and Darvish forgave him, why destroy the guy.  

15 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i guess it went under my head. 

i still don't see it.

Following the first sentence with embracing inclusiveness

Politically we've been beating the drum of inclusiveness for all aspects of society and yet when you do that it brings in people who lived in a less homgeneous world. So don't act so outraged when you mix all these personalities together and find they don't all act the same.

Darvish gets it. His Twitter quote in complete is here.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/yu-darvish-tweets-heartfelt-response-to-racist-gesture-im-counting-on-everyones-big-love

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Or he grew up in a different culture and while inappropriate doesn’t mean he is a racist.  He apologized and Darvish forgave him, why destroy the guy.  

ultimately this is the bottom line. He said he had no malice and apologized.  No reason really to not give him the benefit of the doubt.  We all say stupid off color things.  Darvish was magnanimous and accepted the apology.  Good for him., he was the bigger person.  No real harm was done here. This should be the end of it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It would be funny, but to me it would be cooler to watch the Astros celebrate in front of 45,000 sad cholos.

That has a certain appeal too. I've heard reports of many duplicate/fake tickets being sold...two groups showing up with the same tickets for the same seats. At the prices they are going for, what a mess it's gonna be when people try to get refunds..