• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Just now, Taylor said:

Does anyone here believe the First Amendment extends to mass shooters livestreaming their murders?

I'm less concerned about the livestreaming aspect of it than I am that seemingly very little is being done to stop people from wanting and being able to shoot up a bunch of folks in the first place.  Realistically speaking, there's nothing that can be done to prevent livestreaming any sort of awful event, short of shutting down all platforms completely, which isn't going to happen (nor should it). 

I don't have an issue with platforms taking down mass shooting-type videos once they occur or preventing sharing them, though. 

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

So Putin cited a whole bunch of things in his last rage fueled speech before he recognized the republics and basically launched the invasion.  You mentioned the neo nazis.  He calls the objective “de-nazification”. I think it’s too simple to claim that’s a main impetus for the invasion.  For whatever it’s worth imo I think the “de-nazication” talk is primarily a play to his domestic audience to get buy in for the war.  Essentially, to protect ethnic Russians from these people.  It is true that historically and recently (particularly since the maidan protests) ethnic Russians have suffered at the hands of hyper Ukrainian nationalists.  It’s also true that those nationalists control the countries security apparatus and thus the gangster state that is the Ukrainian government.  These abuses are basically what led to the break away regions russian populations revolt.  Some really horrible stuff has gone on there since 2014 attacking ethnic Russian school children etc.  Like I said, bad stuff.  The Azov battalion involved in particular and mostly doing the fighting.  They’ve been integrated into the Ukrainian armed forces.  So this is where the Russian argument that they are intervening to protect Russians comes from.  It’s not all made up. These guys literally call themselves nazis.  As I said you find nazi iconography all over their shit.  The black sun being one.  Which is what our boy in Buffalo had on his stuff.  Anyway There’s been a lot of violence.  Folks in Russia are supportive of this argument for the war.  

that said, it’s not imo the main deal for Putin.  What it is is convenient.  We’ve talked about the Russians needing water for Crimea.  Which is a key objective imo.  Unless they’re completely routed they’ll probably get that.  Also, genuinely the NATO question is a serious one for the Russians.  These and others are probably bigger issues for the Russians than “de nazification” which I mean what does that mean ? It’s impossible.  The Russians aren’t stupid they understand this.  If anything the invasion has just solidified the position of the Azov people and their sympathizers in the Ukrainian psyche.  Which of course.  

This chick is gnarly. I’ve seen her in some of the battle videos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3073478/amp/Teen-girl-feted-Ukraine-s-Joan-Arc-fighting-against-Russian-rebels-revealed-nasty-neo-Nazi-views-arrested-killing-cops.html

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if some day in the future it comes out that all this white replacement shit and a bunch of the other loony populist right shit we see now was part of a domestic intelligence program to make people insane and justify whatever new bullshit is coming our way.  I know that sounds crazy but they’ve done it before. 

49 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm less concerned about the livestreaming aspect of it than I am that seemingly very little is being done to stop people from wanting and being able to shoot up a bunch of folks in the first place.  Realistically speaking, there's nothing that can be done to prevent livestreaming any sort of awful event, short of shutting down all platforms completely, which isn't going to happen (nor should it). 

I don't have an issue with platforms taking down mass shooting-type videos once they occur or preventing sharing them, though. 

Also, for what it's worth, the video is still readily accessible at a number of sites.  I read that of the 13 people who were shot, 11 were Black.  I do know at one point near the end of the video, the shooter sees a man (who appears to be either white or Hispanic, not Black) on the floor in a checkout lane.  The man screams out, "No!" and the shooter actually says, "Sorry!" and then moves on looking for his next target before the feed cuts out.

The whole thing is shot in first-person perspective and looks like a real-world version of a first-person shooter video game.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Does anyone here believe the First Amendment extends to mass shooters livestreaming their murders?

Abortion doctors make enough money without followers but I imagine they should be free to live stream if the mother and the child consent. 

Edited by Kotchman

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Looking at the church's website. They're part of the Presbyterian USA, which is an open and affirming deomintation (accepting of the LGBTQ community). Hopefully that has nothing to do with this shooting.

Most California churches have been gay for 20 years. This church is part of that majority so highly unlikely