• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

It still amazes me that after every mass shooting, people come to the conclusion that the guy who clearly didn't care about murdering people will all of a sudden shy away from committing a mass shooting if we make it illegal for them to get their gun

To the left, the 2nd amendment is a second class right that they wish we didn't have. You would think that everyone, Reps and Dems, could agree that all our constitutional rights are important. People can't even agree on that and pick and choose what rights they think we should have. This isn't unique to the 2A though. Look at the Patriot Act as an example. 

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

It still amazes me that after every mass shooting, people come to the conclusion that the guy who clearly didn't care about murdering people will all of a sudden shy away from committing a mass shooting if we make it illegal for them to get their gun

It’s mostly the same group of people who are pro abortion. They seem to believe being ripped limb from limb is a much more humane than being shot

1 minute ago, Jason said:

To the left, the 2nd amendment is a second class right that they wish we didn't have. You would think that everyone, Reps and Dems, could agree that all our constitutional rights are important. People can't even agree on that and pick and choose what rights they think we should have. This isn't unique to the 2A though. Look at the Patriot Act as an example. 

More like the 2A was written in the 1770s by people who never could have conceived that citizens would have the ability own weapons designed for mass killing.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

More like the 2A was written in the 1770s by people who never could have conceived that citizens would have the ability own weapons designed for mass killing.

Wrong. Citizens in those days wanted any and all weapons. They were actually encouraged to own cannons as pirates existed in those days. Pepperdine failed you miserably 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Nope, they were stupid people that thought weapon technology had peaked and would not advance past canons and muskets. It's not like history of the world has no examples of people mass killing other people. There is a reason it was #2 in the Bill of Rights. Thankfully most Americans do not think we should give away our constitutional rights so they will stick around for a bit longer.  

Taylor with his infinite wisdoms believes the founders didn’t envision a world with weapons of mass destruction. These visionary men wrote the governing foundation for the Greatest Nation in World History yet lacked the foresight that weaponry would advance over time.  

Just now, Jason said:

Nope, they were stupid people that thought weapon technology had peaked and would not advance past canons and muskets. It's not like history of the world has no examples of people mass killing other people. There is a reason it was #2 in the Bill of Rights. Thankfully most Americans do not think we should give away our constitutional rights so they will stick around for a bit longer.  

You realize the order of the amendments have nothing to do with their importance, right? And that there were others in the original draft that were edited out?

Of course the Founders didn't believe that weapons technology had peaked, but it's ridiculous to argue they had any idea that guns would proliferate in the U.S. like they have. Just like the 1A has been tested and clarified throughout our country's history, the 2A needs to be interpreted and clarified through a present-day lens. Outright banning gun ownership would be unconstitutional. But laws defining and clarifying gun ownership are not unconstitutional.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

You realize the order of the amendments have nothing to do with their importance, right? And that there were others in the original draft that were edited out?

Of course the Founders didn't believe that weapons technology had peaked, but it's ridiculous to argue they had any idea that guns would proliferate in the U.S. like they have. Just like the 1A has been tested and clarified throughout our country's history, the 2A needs to be interpreted and clarified through a present-day lens. Outright banning gun ownership would be unconstitutional. But laws defining and clarifying gun ownership are not unconstitutional.

There are thousands of laws on the books in regards to firearms so nobody is really arguing that there shouldn't be. The issue is that the laws they are creating will only impact people like ourselves. We don't even hold people accountable for committing crimes with guns like we should. California just passed a law that says you can only purchase one firearm a month. They also have the handgun roster. Explain to me how those are going to keep anyone safe from thugs and criminals that want to victimize you?   I also do not believe that they should be a state issue as they currently are 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

There are thousands of laws on the books in regards to firearms so nobody is really arguing that there shouldn't be. The issue is that the laws they are creating will only impact people like ourselves. We don't even hold people accountable for committing crimes with guns like we should. California just passed a law that says you can only purchase one firearm a month. They also have the handgun roster. Explain to me how those are going to keep anyone safe from thugs and criminals that want to victimize you?   I also do not believe that they should be a state issue as they currently are 

Whatever California does must be working because we have one of the lowest firearm mortality rates in the country.

Screenshot_20220515-164311.png

47 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Pretty much agree with all of this. 

I grew up around guns, due to living in the South and having friends and family who were into hunting. I did a gun safety training course and also did a hunter's safety course in order to get my hunting license when I was 13. (Side note: my friend who took the hunter's safety course with now runs a ministry called .30/.30 Ministries...) It never occurred to me to buy an AR-15 or similar weapon, because there's zero need for one for either hunting or safety. 

Seems perfectly rational that there should be some limitations to the types of weapons that are legally available to the public.  Frankly, I find it truly bizarre that of all the amendments, the 2nd is the one that is so fervently argued for any time anytime suggests almost any type of restrictions or limitations.