• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

The anti gun crowd really has two groups. Most are Wealthy people who have security or money to avoid the peasants. The other group is primarily the underachievers who don’t like conflict or competition. They generally lack the drive to compete in the work force and lack the balls to confront people in a man to men situation. They’ll stick to the mob mentality on the internet or in person. An armed alpha male is a direct threat to their ability to shout down or intimidate with mob violence. 

2 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I live in pretty safe suburban area. That said the police shot a guy last week I’m the neighborhood above mine. The man killed 3 people and led police on an hour chase. He ended up fleeing to a random house with a family inside. The police managed to shoot his ass. Now that family was lucky the police were in pursuit. The dad apparently wasn’t armed or prepared to smoke that fucker so they hid in a bathroom. Hell I made a wrong turn yesterday and before I could turn around I had a car full of young blacks throwing up gang signs and an 8 year old threw a rock at my car with his mother right beside him. I wasn’t even flying my rebel flag and got that response. I certainly felt a lot more relaxed knowing that I could have ended that confrontation at any time. 

One time I was driving down from the mountains and through San Bernardino.  As we drove past the ghetto a group of [edited by moderator] teenagers there a rock that hit my window.  I slammed the brakes and chased them through a neighborhood into an apartment complex where I exited the vehicle despite the pleas of my screaming wife.

I ran after them until they ducked into an apartment and slammed the door.  I banged on the door and a large [edited by moderator] woman answers the door and she’s says “what you want?” And I say “there’s some kids in here that threw a rock at my car.”  She says “I don’t care about your damn car.  Get off my property!” and slams the door in my face.  I yelled out “this is an apartment complex and I’m fairly certain you are renting!”  

Then I waited like 30 seconds and walked back to my car to a pissed of wife and drove home.

True story.

38 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Are you John Wick? Dude was pretty surgical with an assault rifle in the 2nd movie. But he's the best assassin in the world. 

I guess firing 30 rounds in the general direction of the people invading your home might scare them off. Or you could just be armed. Most people trying to rob you are scared pussies, even in groups.

And if they all have assault rifles? Oops?

Nope and an AR is significantly easier to use than a handgun. When you decide to buy a gun go to a range and shoot both then tell me what you think 

1 minute ago, cals said:

One time I was driving down from the mountains and through San Bernardino.  As we drove past the ghetto a group of [edited by moderator] teenagers there a rock that hit my window.  I slammed the brakes and chased them through a neighborhood into an apartment complex where I exited the vehicle despite the pleas of my screaming wife.

I ran after them until they ducked into an apartment and slammed the door.  I banged on the door and a large [edited by moderator] woman answers the door and she’s says “what you want?” And I say “there’s some kids in here that threw a rock at my car.”  She says “I don’t care about your damn car.  Get off my property!” and slams the door in my face.  I yelled out “this is an apartment complex and I’m fairly certain you are renting!”  

Then I waited like 30 seconds and walked back to my car to a pissed of wife and drove home.

True story.

I had a similar situation when I lived in bad area in Georgia for a few months. I was younger then so I broke out the Louisville slugger to free up the mail box. Unfortunately those types only understand violence so you’ve got to bring the crazy to get their attention. Luckily the kid missed yesterday but I felt like stopping and clearing the whole street. I had just stuffed myself with a steak and had a trunk full of ice cream. I figured life was better inside and those kids will be buried soon enough without my help. 

9 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I had a similar situation when I lived in bad area in Georgia for a few months. I was younger then so I broke out the Louisville slugger to free up the mail box. Unfortunately those types only understand violence so you’ve got to bring the crazy to get their attention. Luckily the kid missed yesterday but I felt like stopping and clearing the whole street. I had just stuffed myself with a steak and had a trunk full of ice cream. I figured life was better inside and those kids will be buried soon enough without my help. 

Where in Georgia?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Bingo. Guns are not the root of our issues. The socio-economic issues are. Not just with violence and crime as you could attribute mental health, suicide, drug dependence and many other things to it. These mass shootings like the one in buffalo are rather rare. The amount of gun deaths attributed to semi automatic rifles is a small percentage of the gun deaths. If you removed inner city violence from gangs and drug stuff then our firearm deaths would be rather small in proportion to the amount of guns we own. If you think about it, our firearm deaths are still low in that respect. 

Care to comment on the map I posted? The majority of the states with more firearm deaths are the states with the laxest gun laws.

54 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

One of my friends in 7th grade (not the same one I mentioned earlier who now runs .30/.30 Ministries) somehow managed to get a shotgun out of what was supposedly a locked cabinet of his father's, messed around with the gun, and accidentally shot himself in the stomach.  Was in and out of the hospital for most of a year.  Eventually recovered, but missed a year of school and was held back.

Yep. My parents never owned guns and our kids will never live in a home with a gun. Not worth it. We'll likely invest in a home security system if we ever live in an area that requires it.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Care to comment on the map I posted? The majority of the states with more firearm deaths are the states with the laxest gun laws.

The murdering isn't being done from your ever day Joe Schmo gun owner. The vast majority of gun related deaths are from inner city violence. Whether the state is red or blue really doesn't matter  

Just now, Jason said:

The murdering isn't being done from your ever day Joe Schmo gun owner. The vast majority of gun related deaths are from inner city violence. Whether the state is red or blue really doesn't matter  

Those inner cities are blue. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Were you at Ft. Stewart?  I don't know why else anyone would go to Hinesville.

Yes for sure. I ended up breaking my lease  early and moving to Colonels island which was pretty nice. The apartments were second homes for my neighbors who all had yachts. They treated me well considering I brought the first recorded Mexican to the island