• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is tit for tat politics.

Except the 2nd amendment is and always has been a constitutional right. Abortion should have remained a state issue and Roe V. Wade should never have been a thing. If Congress wants to create an amendment protecting abortion then fine. I have no issues with states either banning or expanding abortion services. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Except the 2nd amendment is and always has been a constitutional right. Abortion should have remained a state issue and Roe V. Wade should never have been a thing. If Congress wants to create an amendment protecting abortion then fine. I have no issues with states either banning or expanding abortion services. 

You're conflating your personal opinion with fact.

Democrats do not agree that the second amendment gives broad protections to all forms of arms, while Republicans tend to agree. Legal precedent reflects a meeting somewhere in the middle. Republicans do not agree that abortion rights are fundamental and to be protected nationally, while democrats would tend to agree. The legal landscape has generally found middle ground by protecting some abortion rights, but not all, nationally.

Now I actually agree with you personally in this situation, but our opinions do not represent the will of the people as determined by our national laws. This is a case where one side has tried to push their personal opinions and circumvent the legally established consensus and now we are seeing the other side react in kind.

The solution to this is likely not up to the courts, but on the legislative branch. In other words we're all fucked! Newsom's move will likely push them to come up with something.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Except Roe V. Wade is a "thing" because it ended up with the highest court in the land just like many other issues.  There's only 27 amendments while the last was passed almost 30 years ago.  If we left certain issues to needing to be amendments our elected officials would accomplish even less than they already do. 

This is correct and abortion is not a constitutional amendment. Roe fell under the right to privacy under the 14th amendment. Do you think Roe v. Wade was right in that it guaranteed access to an abortion on the national level?  The process for amending the constitution is clearly spelled out and it doesn't include legislating from the bench. 

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, cals said:

You little dick fuck face, the 2nd Amendment doesn’t give you the right to own a machine gun because you’ve got worse self esteem than Larry.

It is the constitutional right with the most restrictions on it for sure. You can own a machine gun in most states but they are highly regulated through the NFA.  

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You're conflating your personal opinion with fact.

Democrats do not agree that the second amendment gives broad protections to all forms of arms, while Republicans tend to agree. Legal precedent reflects a meeting somewhere in the middle. Republicans do not agree that abortion rights are fundamental and to be protected nationally, while democrats would tend to agree. The legal landscape has generally found middle ground by protecting some abortion rights, but not all, nationally.

Now I actually agree with you personally in this situation, but our opinions do not represent the will of the people as determined by our national laws. This is a case where one side has tried to push their personal opinions and circumvent the legally established consensus and now we are seeing the other side react in kind.

The solution to this is likely not up to the courts, but on the legislative branch. In other words we're all fucked! Newsom's move will likely push them to come up with something.

When it comes to abortion I don't really give a crap about it as it does not impact me in any way. My issue is it being legislated on a national level. I think it should be up to the states. yes, that is just my opinion. I don't think states should be able to restrict peoples 2nd amendment rights like California does. I don't think any state should restrict anyone's constitutional rights, whatever those are. Unfortunately we see a lot of that going on. As far as Newsom goes, congress already passed the PLCAA in 2005 so he really can't do much with that. I think he's just trying to fire up his progressive base here in California. 

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

It is the constitutional right with the most restrictions on it for sure. You can own a machine gun in most states but they are highly regulated through the NFA.  

I hope cals argues better in court than he does on this site. He loves to pretend he’s an expert in certain fields that he knows jack shit about. I guess when you wheel your client into the courtroom with a neck brace and an arm sling claiming fibromyalgia or some other bullshit it doesn’t take much to convince a jury to make a Fortune 500 company fork over a couple hundred grand in compensation. Dos dos dos - dos dos dos dos. 

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

I hope cals argues better in court than he does on this site. He loves to pretend he’s an expert in certain fields that he knows jack shit about. I guess when you wheel your client into the courtroom with a neck brace and an arm sling claiming fibromyalgia or some other bullshit it doesn’t take much to convince a jury to make a Fortune 500 company fork over a couple hundred grand in compensation. Dos dos dos - dos dos dos dos. 

Attorneys that act like dickheads seem to be the best ones. I'd let him represent me. Unless it was regarding my 2A rights of course. 

10 minutes ago, cals said:

Also I have two small kids so obviously my life is terrible.  I spent 10 days in London without them and then had to come home.  You guys would be depressed, too.

Now that my daughter is 16 I actually miss her being a little kid. When she was young I thought it would be better when she was older. Nope 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now that my daughter is 16 I actually miss her being a little kid. When she was young I thought it would be better when she was older. Nope 

You should have had a son. My kid just chills and watches 7 hours of commercial free football with me on the Red Zone channel. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Dude shoot me now before I have to deal with that.  

And my wife wants to get another dog.  We’ve got an almost 13 year old male boxer mix and he’s still going strong but he’s getting up there in age.  And now the wife wants a female dog.  I’m like fuck sake, I’m already outnumbered and when Charlie dies I can’t even have another male dog so there’s at least another penis in the house?  Nope.  Gotta get a female.

That's going to be a lot of estrus going on in your house in a couple of years. 

8 minutes ago, cals said:

I’m already outnumbered and when Charlie dies I can’t even have another male dog so there’s at least another penis in the house?  Nope.  Gotta get a female.

Any male dog you get will be neutered like you are so what does it matter?