• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

5 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

CNN said there were 7 mass shootings in 7 days and I clicked the link because the only two I heard of were Atlanta and now Colorado:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/7-mass-shootings-7-days-trnd/index.html

Like Jason said the color of the person's skin is irrelevant.  Anyone who shoots random people, shoots into a crowd of people, pulls out a gun in a club and so on lack a normally functioning brain or just doesn't give a crap. 

Most of those happened in minority communities so people don’t care about it as much. 10 people dying in a weekend in Chicago is common but doesn’t make the National news. Then again, if gang members and drug dealers kill each other it’s not so bad. It’s the drive by shootings that are making a comeback and that is where innocent people get caught in the cross fire. We need to go back to locking up gang members and other pieces of shit like that. 

That was kind of my point but I didn't want to turn the discussion there.  Some unhinged white guy shoots innocent people and it's dominating the news.  Other mass shootings happen at a vigil, in clubs, in major cities and at illegal parties and they don't get the same attention.  Until enough people realize not every problem boils down to race like the media loves to make it out to be and that we have a people problem I don't expect much progress.  Pitting people against each other is what our politicians and media thrive on and unfortunately it works too well.

2 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Malt liquor is probably more accurate

The man that started that company (along with his wife?) ... now brewery...  is cool.  Unmistakable voice that you can hear a mile away.  Incredibly friendly.   Not sure how the marketing is going.  The beer is meh.