• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Weren’t they in the wrong apartment? I do not think police should ever be doing that shit unless the person is an immediate, violent threat to someone else. Otherwise they can just wait outside and nab them then. It’s actually safer for the police 

The problem was the person they were looking for was already in custody.  They had arrested him earlier that night.  They got  a warrant to Taylor's apartment so they could search for evidence.  That's not how the justice system works.  

3 hours ago, Rico said:

The problem was the person they were looking for was already in custody.  They had arrested him earlier that night.  They got  a warrant to Taylor's apartment so they could search for evidence.  That's not how the justice system works.  

Which part? If they arrested someone and intended on charging him with a crime then they have to recover evidence of that crime. How is that not justice? I’m fairly certain that’s how every criminal charge should work. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Which part? If they arrested someone and intended on charging him with a crime then they have to recover evidence of that crime. How is that not justice? I’m fairly certain that’s how every criminal charge should work. 

Bass ackwards. You arrest people based on the evidence you have, you totalitarian fuck. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Bass ackwards. You arrest people based on the evidence you have, you totalitarian fuck. 

I’m not the totalitarian fuck. You only need probable cause to make an arrest and investigations, warrants and evidence collection doesn’t end after an arrest. Sounds like what happened in the Taylor case. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/probable_cause

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m not the totalitarian fuck. You only need probable cause to make an arrest and investigations, warrants and evidence collection doesn’t end after an arrest. Sounds like what happened in the Taylor case. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/probable_cause

That’s not what you wrote. You wrote arrest them then recover evidence 

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

That’s not what you wrote. You wrote arrest them then recover evidence 

Yes, that is what law enforcement agencies do. Maybe the arrest was made as they had some evidence and they felt there was more so they got a search warrant. I'm not familiar with this specific case but you do not need physical evidence prior to making an arrest.  

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, that is what law enforcement agencies do. Maybe the arrest was made as they had some evidence and they felt there was more so they got a search warrant. I'm not familiar with this specific case but you do not need physical evidence prior to making an arrest.  

Why not?

This guy that killed these Asian women in Georgia the other day was arrested for murder on probable cause and I guarantee you they are collecting evidence as I write this and have gotten warrants to search his place and his personal property for evidence to prove that he did this crime. They will still have to collect ballistic and forensic evidence from the coroner as well. 

Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

9 hours ago, cals said:

80% of the time I’m 50% sure Taylor is a bot that’s like 3rd generation.  He can walk and talk and looks real-ish, but something is slightly off.  His responses are fine but often become so predictable that red flags get raised.

(For example, Taylorbot will to this post with a cat, a crying Jordan or a “it’s true” emoji and then will quote me and link to the Anchorman sex panther scene.)

Wasn't it recently determined that all of us are Chuck-generated bots, except for one unsuspecting person (most likely Stradling or AO) who is basically talking with themselves all day long?

1 minute ago, TaylorBot said:

You saw it on AngelsWin, which is technically social media.

Edge: TaylorBot

I'm laughing because there were like 5 posts about the Atlanta shooter on the front page of Reddit yesterday, and fuck all about this one.

It's such an absurd hivemind. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I'm laughing because there were like 5 posts about the Atlanta shooter on the front page of Reddit yesterday, and fuck all about this one.

It's such an absurd hivemind. 

Next you'll be saying that racism ended in the 60s and that you're looking for Mexicans to represent on workplace comp cases. It's called the cals slippery slope.

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

They did not have probable cause that she was involved in any drug dealing. In fact they found nothing at her apartment. 

Well, if she didn't want to be harassed by the police, she shouldn't have dated a criminal in the past. If you are associated with a criminal at any point in your life, it's fair game for the police to barge guns blazing into your home.

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

They did not have probable cause that she was involved in any drug dealing. In fact they found nothing at her apartment. 

Well, if she didn't want to be harassed by the police, she shouldn't have dated a criminal in the past. If you are associated with a criminal at any point in your life, it's fair game for the police to barge guns blazing into your home.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I honestly don't know the specifics for this case but Kevin stated earlier that he remembers that they did have a search warrant and she was listed on it. I thought I heard they were at the wrong house so I don't really know what happened nor do I care. Regardless, it was a bad shoot as she was not the threat. 

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

A timeline of what happened with Breonna Taylor's case since police broke down her door and shot her - CNN

I think @mtangelsfanis correct you have a bad case of the wrongs. They had a warrant (which at least requires probable cause) to search that residence. Sometimes the only info the police have is the last known address and it's possible that is the case here. Yes, she was a victim and the tactics used by the police have been rightfully questioned. Did the police break the law with their policy and how they served the warrant. It does not appear so. This is where police reform comes into play. As far as her boyfriend shooting at the police, I don't think he was in the wrong if they didn't announce themselves. The police fucked this one up but they still may have been acting within what the law allows in that jurisdiction. In your defense, they found nothing in the apartment so you aren't wrong there. 

Edited by Jason