• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get not allowing any and every employee to just be armed while at work but large operations for companies that have a lot of money and assets could easily afford security measures that would mitigate the devastation that these events bring.  These shooters often have goals to kill as many as possible so they will be less likely to do it in a place with little to no resistance. I've read that this facility did have some good security measures so he didn't get very far into the facility. I think four of the dead were killed outside. 

Easier said than done.  Especially in big operations like this.  It sounds like they have a break area outside, more than likely for smoking, but could also be tables set up so people can eat.  

And with security measures, especially in big facilities with lots of workers, it takes time to have them either metal detect, clock in, show id, etc.  I think Amazon keeps getting sued because it takes upwards of 45 minutes to clock in and out, and workers weren't getting paid for that time.  

And even if you say arm the security guards.  In a big warehouse like that, all the shooter has to do is take out 2 or 3 first to get in.  it's not like there is going to be a huge platoon of security guards at every entrance.  In what size that facility is, it could take a security guard 15 minutes to get from one end of the complex to the other. 

Just now, gotbeer said:

Easier said than done.  Especially in big operations like this.  It sounds like they have a break area outside, more than likely for smoking, but could also be tables set up so people can eat.  

And with security measures, especially in big facilities with lots of workers, it takes time to have them either metal detect, clock in, show id, etc.  I think Amazon keeps getting sued because it takes upwards of 45 minutes to clock in and out, and workers weren't getting paid for that time.  

And even if you say arm the security guards.  In a big warehouse like that, all the shooter has to do is take out 2 or 3 first to get in.  it's not like there is going to be a huge platoon of security guards at every entrance.  In what size that facility is, it could take a security guard 15 minutes to get from one end of the complex to the other. 

There isn't a solution to prevent this stuff but you want things in place to better the odds. That's all

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This theory was proven by the storm troopers stationed inside the Death Star. 

I really look forward to the day that the NRA is labeled a terrorist organization and we can put them in jail for accessory to murder.

The fedex guy already had been placed in a psych hold once and had a gun seized from him. That didn't stop him from legally buying two more guns because Republicans and the NRA are against any sort of gun regulation that would mean they sell fewer guns.

• 2 weeks later...