• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

1 hour ago, Calzone said:

I wonder what Arte really thinks about this whole Dodgers in the World Series thing. He’s a billionaire bringing in 3 million fans regardless of the standings.

I guess we will all find out together how he feels come next spring when we see what the 2018 team looks like. 

I think Arte has made it pretty clear that the number one goal for him is turning a profit.  As amazing as the run the Dodgers have been the last five years, they have lost money every year.  Maybe they will finally turn a profit this year?  

The Angels make a profit every year and that is what matters most to him.  You can't blame Arte either because turning profits is how he made his billions.  Now, if you see ticket sales drop to under three million a season, then we'll see what Arte does.

9 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I can bitch about who I want or don’t want to see win but what I really want is to see some good baseball games. I have to get up at 3 in the morning to watch so please make it worthwhile 

I agree. I really dislike the 7 innings of relief pitchers because the starter gave up two runs and the manager pushes the panic button. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

As my interest in the Angels has reduced over the years, the upside is that I'm not bitter about other teams, either.  I used to HATE the Dodgers.  HATE the Yankees.  Now, whoever wins, i am fine with it.  My oldest is a Dodger fan.  My favorite nephew is a Dodger fan.  Many friends of mine are Dodger fans.  I am happy for them.  That's a great feeling, to have your team go to the WS.  I am glad friends and family get to experience the happiness.

I still hate the Red Sox.

Exactly.

There's something in the water down here that makes people bitter.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Where exactly are these awful people that you have to be around constantly?

Lol, they’re everywhere. A few obnoxious “friends” as well as a few questionable family members like my brother in law for instance. Trust me, I try to keep distance as much as I can but sometimes it’s very difficult. But yeah, it’s going to be very upsetting if they pull it off. 

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Exactly.

There's something in the water down here that makes people bitter.

Yeah, and throughout all of California and the rest of the country. The majority of baseball fans for that matter have a few teams that they just can’t stand. There’s nothing wrong or unusual about it. 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Where exactly are these awful people that you have to be around constantly?

I have agreed with Jay not even a handful of times in a decade on the board, but I am right here with him.

Who are all these awful people (fans of other teams) that you guys interact with all the time?  

3 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

Lol, they’re everywhere. A few obnoxious “friends” as well as a few questionable family members like my brother in law for instance. Trust me, I try to keep distance as much as I can but sometimes it’s very difficult. But yeah, it’s going to be very upsetting if they pull it off. 

Maybe it's just you. Some sort of inferiority complex that when you get around them you start with passive aggressiveness until they tell you to stick it. 

Go ahead, be upset but it's your call to be that way.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maybe it's just you. Some sort of inferiority complex that when you get around them you start with passive aggressiveness until they tell you to stick it. 

Go ahead, be upset but it's your call to be that way.

Wow, who ever thought I’d be psychoanalyzed by a guy named Blarg? Trust me, I’ve learned not to even bring it up with them and they still manage to wedge it into the conversation a lot of times. But yeah, it’s my passive aggressiveness, lol. I’m sure that’s it. 

These are not people I’m clamoring to be around all that often mind you. Not saying all Dodger fans are like that but the few ones I’m around occasionally are. I like that you assume you know the first thing about the dynamics of my relationship with these people. Talk about presumptuous. 

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Cheapest tickets for Game 1 of the Series are $950 on StubHub, and that's for upper deck. Field Box are as much as $12,000 a seat.

Dugout Club behind home plate at the Latrine are going for $21,500, includes all-you-can-eat buffet.

Insane.

Fuuuuuuuck... If a Season Ticket holder plays his cards right, he can walk away with a small fortune!

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A buddy of mine bought 3 tickets in the loge section for $1400 a ticket.  

Checking on tickets in NY for next weekend just in case. Starting at $700+ for nosebleed. I can fly out for $189 round trip as my neighbors are ticket agents for United. Still have to think about it but I really want to go. 

10 minutes ago, daygloman said:

That people................................................................................................................................. IS what CLUTCH hitting looks like!

Altuve!

Yup but I really have to question why Reddick is batting second, he really hasn't brought anything to the playoffs. And then for some reason Gattis is way down in the 8th spot. 

Edited by Blarg