• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rebuild? Time to consider it for fans, players

budice0

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

What if the Angels traded Trout and got back 2 top young starting pitchers, a cf'er, a 3rd & 2nd baseman.  By all accounts, a massive haul. Then had Upton stay. And now had money available to sign one of Arrietta, Chatwood, or Otani. Would your opinion change? Just wondering.

Trout has full no trade protection

1 minute ago, Calzone said:

When you see the Dodgers win five consecutive division championships and then take notice that Bryce Harper is already set to make his fourth postseason appearance it's kinda hard not to consider scrapping this group. Something has to change. I just don't know what. 

It's Arte's wallet that needs to change. The Dodgers spent $260.6M this season in adjusted costs while Arte is so scared of going above the luxury line.

6 hours ago, Bull58 said:

It's Arte's wallet that needs to change. The Dodgers spent $260.6M this season in adjusted costs while Arte is so scared of going above the luxury line.

Dodgers are competing for a Word Series. It makes sense for them to do that.

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

Dodgers are competing for a Word Series. It makes sense for them to do that.

Or, they are competing for a World Series, BECAUSE they did that.

I'm pissed that Arte refuses to go over the cap. The Angels are a gold mine, even if attendance is slightly down. Big TV money. He has his own radio station to broadcast his games, so no cut to someone else there. 

There are moderately priced FA out there. We dont have to go WAY over like the Dodgers or the Yankees. We are in the 2nd largest market and have the 11th highest payroll.

I am so jealous of teams like the Yankees and Red Sox and Cubs and Dodgers and Astros and Indians and other organizations that actually know how to build and sustain a competitive ball club.  I know I am a broken record but we are all at the mercy of our owner and he clearly doesn't want or know how to win.  Frustrating but the Angels are my team so I have to live with it.

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Or, they are competing for a World Series, BECAUSE they did that.

I'm pissed that Arte refuses to go over the cap. The Angels are a gold mine, even if attendance is slightly down. Big TV money. He has his own radio station to broadcast his games, so no cut to someone else there. 

There are moderately priced FA out there. We dont have to go WAY over like the Dodgers or the Yankees. We are in the 2nd largest market and have the 11th highest payroll.

A Hosmer or a Moustakas could jump start this moribund offense, and I don't believe either would cost all that much. There are others in the same category. We need help in this area badly.

We've needed a 3rd baseman since Glaus.  This org has no idea how to draft or sign a 3rd baseman.  We have had other position problems too and have done little to nothing to sign or draft any guys to fill them.  I lobbied really hard for a huge firesale at the deadline last year and the team would be in a better position right now if that happened but no, stubborn ownership and ineptness trucked out this team and look at the results.  Again, it's pathetic that a team playing in the 2nd biggest market with a billionaire owner and the best player in baseball has 1 playoff appearance(in which they got swept)in 8 or 9 years.  Total incompetence.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

I am so jealous of teams like the Yankees and Red Sox and Cubs and Dodgers and Astros and Indians and other organizations that actually know how to build and sustain a competitive ball club.  I know I am a broken record but we are all at the mercy of our owner and he clearly doesn't want or know how to win.  Frustrating but the Angels are my team so I have to live with it.

all of those teams have something very important in common.  

significant contribution and/or value brought to their respective orgs through major international signings.  

20 hours ago, Mark68 said:

AO...I know you've mentioned trading Skaggs for Hernandez in several threads, but Skaggs alone will not get us Hernandez. It would have to be Skaggs + Sum Yung Gui(s). I don't think I'd want to pay that price.

It would cost Skaggs and at most, a couple middle of the road prospects.  Hernandez, who is under club control through 2021, is totally worth it.

As much as we love to heap the praise on other orgs, the RedSox finished last in both 2014 and 2015. The Astros recently had a string of 100 loss seasons and still have 0 championships won in the entire history of the world. The Cubs went more than a century, the Dodgers haven't won anything since the Reagan years and the Indians haven't since the Truman years

Unless the team is planning to trade Trout, and that would be the stupidest thing to do ever, you don't do a full rebuild.  This team would have been a lot better this season if it wasn't for all the injuries to the starting rotation.  Having Nolasco and Chavez starting every two out of five games KILLED this team this season.  They were total shit.

Personally, I'd like to see:

• Keep Upton.
  • Sign two starting pitchers:  Cobb and Chatwood
  • With two new starting pitchers for the rotation, they could trade Skaggs and a couple mid-level guys for Hernandez for 2B.
  • Sign Edward Nunez for 3B.
  • Re-sign Petit for BP.

You do that, this team doesn't just compete for the WC next year, they are competing for the division.  

4 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Unless the team is planning to trade Trout, and that would be the stupidest thing to do ever, you don't do a full rebuild.  This team would have been a lot better this season if it wasn't for all the injuries to the starting rotation.  Having Nolasco and Chavez starting every two out of five games KILLED this team this season.  They were total shit.

Personally, I'd like to see:

• Keep Upton.
  • Sign two starting pitchers:  Cobb and Chatwood
  • With two new starting pitchers for the rotation, they could trade Skaggs and a couple mid-level guys for Hernandez for 2B.
  • Sign Edward Nunez for 3B.
  • Re-sign Petit for BP.

You do that, this team doesn't just compete for the WC next year, they are competing for the division.  

I just dont see Chatwood's upside being much different than Skaggs. Cobb might be worth it.

I dont understand why the Phils would trade Hernandez. They are rebuilding. He's perfectly positioned for their rebuilding process. Three more years of control. Doesnt sound like they have anything as good in the minors. And trading for him would just compromise our farm system even more.

3rd base and second base are our biggest holes that we can realistically fix. Of course, DH is our biggest. Oh well, unless Pujols retires on his own, we are stuck with him.

We can live with Cron at 1st, if we fill those other two positions. Same with Maldonado. His defense is worth his bat deficiencie.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

IMG_7589.JPG