• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What everyone is thinking?

Docwaukee

Never thought we'd even have a chance this year so you feel like you shouldn't be as pissed as you are.  

But you can't overlook all the recent mistakes.  

I am having a tough time verbalizing my annoyance and frustration because my expectations were low.  

Yet I feel like this was the biggest tease we've had in the last 8 seasons.  Even compared to 2014.  

We've had the best player in baseball for a number of years now, yet we just can't win one F'n playoff game. How difficult is it to win? I just watched our neighbors win their 5th straight NL West Division title. That's not supposed to happen with parity. 

Sorry guys but I'm pissed off at this organization. They just can't put it all together. 

I don't think anything is going to salve your butthurt, however if you look at the season as a whole it is the stepping stone to even better results next season.

This team was so fucked over by injuries to the pitching staff, Simmons, Trout, Pujols falling off a cliff and yet they still accomplished so much more than last year.

Yeah, a tease but if you're not unrealistic you knew that it was, a glimpse how the Angels will be next year but much more improved, much more cohesive and much more competitive.

I'm ok with this year being another season they won't make the playoffs because I have some confidence the front office is going to get them there. This is the back end of the rebuild. It isn't finished but it isn't the darkest point either.

2 minutes ago, Calzone said:

We've had the best player in baseball for a number of years now, yet we just can't win one F'n playoff game. How difficult is it to win? I just watched our neighbors win their 5th straight NL West Division title. That's not supposed to happen with parity. 

Sorry guys but I'm pissed off at this organization. They just can't put it all together. 

You are focused so intently on the wrong things. 

I don't think anyone expected the Angels to be contending for a playoff spot this season. I guess you can say that they have overachieved this year but I understand the frustration of being so damn close to a playoff spot this late in the season. But I have had more frustrating moments with this team before when I was a fan of the team. 2005 season being the perfect example. So damn close to making it to the World Series and one stupid play that changed the whole series around initiated by Pierzinski that should never have happened.

That was game 2. It did not determine the outcome of the playoffs, the series was tied at 1 at that point. Chicago playing better than the Angels in the following three games is what determined the outcome and the Angels missing the World Series. 

The Angels committed 14 errors in that series. That is why the Angels lost the series, not dropping game 2.

10 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I don't think anyone expected the Angels to be contending for a playoff spot this season. I guess you can say that they have overachieved this year but I understand the frustration of being so damn close to a playoff spot this late in the season. But I have had more frustrating moments with this team before when I was a fan of the team. 2005 season being the perfect example. So damn close to making it to the World Series and one stupid play that changed the whole series around initiated by Pierzinski that should never have happened.

Edited by Blarg

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't think anything is going to salve your butthurt, however if you look at the season as a whole it is the stepping stone to even better results next season.

This team was so fucked over by injuries to the pitching staff, Simmons, Trout, Pujols falling off a cliff and yet they still accomplished so much more than last year.

Yeah, a tease but if you're not unrealistic you knew that it was, a glimpse how the Angels will be next year but much more improved, much more cohesive and much more competitive.

I'm ok with this year being another season they won't make the playoffs because I have some confidence the front office is going to get them there. This is the back end of the rebuild. It isn't finished but it isn't the darkest point either.

With all due respect Blarg, you have no idea how next year's team will perform. Remember that they will still have Scioscia and trot out Pujols. We don't know about Heaney, Shoemaker or Trop. We have no idea where Upton will be playing. We can only hope that Skaggs and Richards can each give us 30 starts. We had a lot of pitching issues this season but guess what.... We couldn't hit a lick. We were 27th in team OPS. That's going to require some wholesale changes. We cannot continue to roll out the Pennington's and Valbuena's every night and expect to win. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That was game 2. It did not determine the outcome of the playoffs, the series was tied at 1 at that point. Chicago playing better than the Angels in the following three games is what determined the outcome and the Angels missing the World Series. 

Losing the first two games of a series feels much worse than being tied at 1 game apiece and heading to Anahiem.  The chances of a team coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the postseason is low.

6 minutes ago, Calzone said:

With all due respect Blarg, you have no idea how next year's team will perform. Remember that they will still have Scioscia and trot out Pujols. We don't know about Heaney, Shoemaker or Trop. We have no idea where Upton will be playing. We can only hope that Skaggs and Richards can each give us 30 starts. We had a lot of pitching issues this season but guess what.... We couldn't hit a lick. We were 27th in team OPS. That's going to require some wholesale changes. We cannot continue to roll out the Pennington's and Valbuena's every night and expect to win. 

I have more confidence in what the front office can accomplish than you do. I think that is a flaws of yours to be so damn pessimistic all the time. But I guess once an Expos fan...

Just now, Blarg said:

I have more confidence in what the front office can accomplish than you do. I think that is a flaws of yours to be so damn pessimistic all the time. But I guess once an Expos fan...

You're trying to sell us on snake oil. I think you're getting confused with the fact that we almost qualified for only the SECOND wild card. Is that the new goal? Is that where we now set the bar? Did you forget that there's some team sitting 18 games better than us in the AL West. I'm calling for big changes and it starts with the manager and tons of player moves. This team has turned into a limp d*ck offensively. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Never thought we'd even have a chance this year so you feel like you shouldn't be as pissed as you are.  

But you can't overlook all the recent mistakes.  

I am having a tough time verbalizing my annoyance and frustration because my expectations were low.  

Yet I feel like this was the biggest tease we've had in the last 8 seasons.  Even compared to 2014.  

Which is worse?

1. You get blown out in the early innings, and are down 8-0 after five innings. You score runs here and there until you miraculously go up 9-8 going into the ninth inning. Then the other team hits a two-run homer and goes up 10-9, and then Mike Trout strikes out with two men on and two out in the bottom of the ninth, losing the game. OR

2. The reverse.

It is a hard call, but they are different flavors of butthurt. #1 is this season, while 2014 is closer to the reverse. But yeah, there is a distinct butt-pain with going into the year thinking you don't have a chance, then the team being better than expected for a bit, finding its way into serious contention, then blowing it when it most counts.

Almost shades of 1995.

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sweet.  I guess I'll buy into that team and then when guys fail to perform we'll get the same excuses.  

53 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

We're one year closer to getting new leadership and energy in the clubhouse, and on the field. It may be next year, or maybe he gets an extension. However, we're one year closer.

Interesting that you think that leadership and energy in the clubhouse are lacking, I think the missing ingredients are not those two but talent and health.

1 hour ago, Calzone said:

You're trying to sell us on snake oil. I think you're getting confused with the fact that we almost qualified for only the SECOND wild card. Is that the new goal? Is that where we now set the bar? Did you forget that there's some team sitting 18 games better than us in the AL West. I'm calling for big changes and it starts with the manager and tons of player moves. This team has turned into a limp d*ck offensively. 

You are making up dialogue that was never said. 

The goal is to pull this franchise out of the depths it sank to from a previous GM that did sell snake oil. That plan doesn't manafest itself overnight, see the Astros from 2009-2014.

We are not at either the start or end of the franchise rebuild but we look to be past the middle point. I'm in no hurry to do a bunch of rash trades or player aquisitions like Dipoto did to make a big splash and end up in the same place two years from now.

You don't have patience for it? Tough for you because that is what the plan is. So go ahead and make all these bold statements about shuffling players and buying this guy or that but your only holding audience with yourself.

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Lol rebuild? Since when has this org been rebuilding? They've been doing the exact opposite for 7 years.

The entire front office, the entire minor league system, the entire scouting department and the roster has almost completely turned over.

From Dipoto's exit there is exactly four position players on the roster, Pujols, Trout, Calhoun and Cron. From the starting pitching staff there is Richards, Shoemaker, Skaggs and Heaney. No survivors remain in the bullpen.

That is a rebuild. It's like a damn five story office going up in your back yard and you never even noticed.