• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$*#$ These $#&@ing Losers

nate

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Definitely the most frustrating thing about this team. Even when they do "get hot" and win 3-4 straight games, they immediately lose 3 straight to make up for it. I guess that's what mediocre teams do.

Fortunately the Twins are mediocre too so we're still in this.

Yeah.  This could be the worst pitching staff in all of baseball, which is why they never seem to be able to sustain anything.

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Yeah.  This could be the worst pitching staff in all of baseball, which is why they never seem to be able to sustain anything.

The pitching has been fine overall. It's just they're doing that thing where the offense only scores runs when the pitching sucks and vice versa. 

Seriously, go look at how many 4+ run victories they have this year.

Edited by tdawg87

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Uh... What?  Do you even follow the Angels?  They have the 5th lowest ERA in the AL.  Almost half a run better than the Twins.  The offense has been worse than the pitching.  The pitching has been better than anyone gives them credit for.

2 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Uh... What?  Do you even follow the Angels?  They have the 5th lowest ERA in the AL.  Almost half a run better than the Twins.  The offense has been worse than the pitching.  The pitching has been better than anyone gives them credit for.

Before all the recent injuries, sure...

30 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Definitely the most frustrating thing about this team. Even when they do "get hot" and win 3-4 straight games, they immediately lose 3 straight to make up for it. I guess that's what mediocre teams do.

Fortunately the Twins are mediocre too so we're still in this.

I wonder if season long travel miles can be a factor towards the end of the season. The Angels will rack up 46,000 season long travel miles compared to the Twins 27,000. 

14 hours ago, thebloob said:

The starting pitching has been much better this month.   For most of the season though, it's been a struggle for them.   Imagine how bad it would be if Bridwell had not been brought in here.   The pen, Trout, Simmons, and Machete kept this team in the race for most of the season. 

I'm fine with whatever happens. They've exceeded my pretty low expectations this year.  Mostly I'm hopeful that Skaggs and Richards finish the year strong and healthy.  That Heaney is healthy and that in the off season we retain Upton.  If we can start 2018 with a healthy pitching staff (maybe supplemented by another arm in the offseason) I'm optimistic that we continue to be on the right track to make a run in the last couple of years of Trouts contract. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Arte needs to sign a starter this off-season.    It's hard to rely on one of many previously injured pitchers to step up to give them 33 starts in 2018.   Even a Bridwell who has been healthy does not have the history of throwing 190 innings in a season.

He also needs to either hope for Upton to not opt out, or bring in an offensive force.   I can't see paying Upton 6 years/$150 million.

He will have some $60-65 million under the luxury cap available to spend.  

55 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Arte needs to sign a starter this off-season.    It's hard to rely on one of many previously injured pitchers to step up to give them 33 starts in 2018.   Even a Bridwell who has been healthy does not have the history of throwing 190 innings in a season.

He also needs to either hope for Upton to not opt out, or bring in an offensive force.   I can't see paying Upton 6 years/$150 million.

Lance Lynn for a SP.  

I'd love Upton to not opt out, but it makes sense for him to do so.  The thing is, you aren't going to "bring in an offensive force" and not spend big bucks.  I'd be willing to pay Upton whatever the market is for him to get him to stay here.

4 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Lance Lynn for a SP.  

I'd love Upton to not opt out, but it makes sense for him to do so.  The thing is, you aren't going to "bring in an offensive force" and not spend big bucks.  I'd be willing to pay Upton whatever the market is for him to get him to stay here.

I think it makes sense for him to stay

there are a lot of free agent bats and he's probably down the list of a couple of teams but not a bad back up option to JD Martinez 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm fine with whatever happens. They've exceeded my pretty low expectations this year

This is why i laugh when people go apeshit after every loss (and some wins). Those same people had no faith that the team would even be competitive this year, yet expect us to win every game. 

I've enjoyed this season more than any in recent history. Sure, the injuries and certain players have been frustrating, but I really appreciate the fact that I get to watch watch Trout and Simmons play every day. Add all of the comeback wins and the fact that we have a realistic shot at a postseason birth and I'm just fine at how things have materialized this year. 

8 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I think it makes sense for him to stay

there are a lot of free agent bats and he's probably down the list of a couple of teams but not a bad back up option to JD Martinez 

Why would he be down the list of teams needing a bat? 

(yes, that's a serious question)

Edited by Lou