• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hurricane Irma

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone know if this is going to make it up to the gulf side, like in the Clearwater, FL area?

Just concerned about our rental house there. 

Maybe I should ask Mike Trout?

Most of the models I've seen have it hitting the gulf side, yeah.   :-/

Edited by Geoff

Just now, Geoff said:

Do you have anyone (a property management?) that can go make sure the place is boarded up?

Yeah we have helpers that can do that. They clean the place up before new vacation renters come in. It's an older retired couple and he's a handyman. 

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone know if this is going to make it up to the gulf side, like in the Clearwater, FL area?

Props on the Trout/weather reference. I just noticed that he acknowledged his love for weather in his announcement about donating 27K to Harvey relief efforts:

image.png.c5da5ac6e6a0120f6bbd6dec7691a0c4.png

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Most hurricanes go east to west, so the Florida gulf coast is usually not as bad. The storms usually lose their muscle as they pass over Florida. That being said, Hurricane Charlie did the opposite. It passed to the south of Florida, and then looped back to hit SW gulf coast south of you between Fort Myers and Naples. I had just closed on my condo on Sunday, and the Charlie roared thru on Thursday. I should have cut my losses then...

On 9/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, red321 said:

If you are in the southern Florida area pay attention. 

I'm in South FL....   It's impossible not to pay attention -- they are already talking about Jose as well.

Home Depot is running low on Plywood, gas stations are closed left and right and water has already been sucked up left and right...  This is far and away the most hectic it's been the five years I've been out here -- there is a definite panic and not the typical "party" mood that comes with incoming hurricanes.   

Lots of PSA's regarding shelters and who to call.   

I've got 4, 5 gallon jugs of water, a grill and two tanks of LP (most people out here have electric everything).  I have a generator and enough fuel to keep my freezer running for a good 5-7 days...  After that shit will spoil..    I'm on the 6th floor of a semi-high rise with hurricane windows and sliders so....  I won't have to worry too much about flooding or the winds -- but it's gonna be interesting to see how it goes.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm in South FL....   It's impossible not to pay attention -- they are already talking about Jose as well.

Home Depot is running low on Plywood, gas stations are closed left and right and water has already been sucked up left and right...  This is far and away the most hectic it's been the five years I've been out here -- there is a definite panic and not the typical "party" mood that comes with incoming hurricanes.   

Lots of PSA's regarding shelters and who to call.   

I've got 4, 5 gallon jugs of water, a grill and two tanks of LP (most people out here have electric everything).  I have a generator and enough fuel to keep my freezer running for a good 5-7 days...  After that shit will spoil..    I'm on the 6th floor of a semi-high rise with hurricane windows and sliders so....  I won't have to worry too much about flooding or the winds -- but it's gonna be interesting to see how it goes.

Stay safe bud.